Skip to main content

2018 Bucket List #2 - Visit Coors Field


You didn't think I would go to Denver and NOT visit Coors Field did you?

Of course not. The baseball junkie in me wouldn't allow it. And right before I headed to the airport, I dragged my colleagues to Coors Field for a Tour and even they were glad I did. Coors Field is a very underrated ballpark in terms of it's appearance and overall feel. 

Here are some quick thoughts on visiting my 15th MLB Ballpark (of those in existence):

- First and foremost, Coors Field is old school in field. It's located in the city of Denver, not too far from their Union Station. Shocking for me, because I always felt, or rather envisioned it, out in the middle of nowhere. Much like Fenway and Wrigley, Coors is walkable, and fits right into the area it calls home with a red brick exterior and a facade that is similar to the theme of the surrounding buildings. 

- Can't say it enough, the fences and arches of Coors Field are awesome.

- The purple seats that line the stadium in the upper deck marks exactly 5280 feet above sea level. Another fun fact is that field itself actually is below sea level. Wrap your mind around that and the elevation that is Denver, Colorado. 

- The field is MASSIVE. Yes, you always hear it's the biggest outfield in baseball, but when you see it in person, it's even bigger than you imagined. It's HUGE!











- The right field renovation of adding restaurants and attractions is a nice touch. The wrap around of that section adds to the park's ambiance, and also seems like a really cool place to watch a ball game in the summer. 

- One the other side, the opening once again gives a view to the Colorado mountains. Nice touch for a ball game and probably makes for an awesome experience. 

- I also learned that the field is heated for six-to-eight weeks over the Winter to keep the grass fresh and the snow from ruining the field. One of the few teams in baseball that has this feature. 

Wrapping it all up, Coors Field is tremendous. Like PETCO Park did, Coors was surprising in it's beauty and overall feel. Definitely of the better ballparks I've been to.

15 down, now time to tackle the other half of baseball. 

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -