1. Dierdre Larkin - Obviously, as an advocate of physical activity, I find this story amazing. Larkin has run over 65 race since turning 79, and also owns the half-marathon world record with a time of 2 hours and five minutes. Amazing. I can only wish to be Larkin when I get older.
2. Kyle Freeland - The young pitcher was undressed in front of the home crowd by his own manager, Bud Black, in his last start. This time, Freeland went out and nearly threw a no-hitter. Damn you Melky Cabrera. Melky is so loveable, and honestly, one of those dudes in the league who is primed to do something like break up a no-no in the ninth. Nonetheless, great effort by Freeland.
3. WWE Great Balls of Fire - Despite the ridiculous event name (like, really, really ridiculous), the event was a good show, and actually took a leap in offering so compelling TV with the Stroman/Roman angle. It was just sooo pro wrestling. When it was fun. good stuff.
1. Miositis Familia - Nothing else to be said...heartbreaking. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to the family of the fallen NYPD officer.
2. Klan Rallies - Even though they were outnumbered by anti-Klan protesters, the idea that the Ku Klux Klan is make efforts to stop the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue in Virginia is just head scratching. The existence of the KKK in 2017 is so, so head scratching. I'm not naive, but yet, the reality of it, when do we label these folks terrorists?
3. Knicks - I have no idea what my beloved basketball team is doing. Really, I haven't know this for two decades now, but it's now in a new form of stupidity. Tim Hardaway Jr. for $17M? And now, chasing off David Griffin. I may have to pick up another sport in the winter.
1. NBA Free Agency - The money in the NBA is unbelievable. The Steph Curry deal had me reeling, but now I'm completely floored after the James Harden deal. He'll be making $47.6M in his final year of the deal. Ummmmm WHAT?!!!!
2. ESPN - Every time I give ESPN a sliver of a chance to be somewhat respectable in my eyes in covering sports, they dedicate an entire segment to Lonzo Ball and his highlights in a game the Lakers lost. I can't even...