1. USA Soccer - From the men's win of the Gold Cup, to the women pulling out a gutsy (and entertaining) performance tonight against Brazil, it was a tremendous week for US Soccer and the game within these borders. Oh, and MLS had quite the week, too!
2. Los Angeles Dodgers - These dudes keep rolling. It's time we start saying it, this is feeling like a special year for the Dodgers. A bunch of come-from-behind wins, forty games above .500. It's been a fun year for the Dodgers.
3. Adrian Beltre 3,000 Hits - Well, he didn't need to move any on-deck circles this week. Regardless, 3,000 hits in this game is still special, and Beltre joined the club this week. The Hall of Fame is definitely awaiting him when his career is said and done. He has my support in that.
1. President Trump - Look, I dislike this, but such is society. The transgender ban was ridiculous, and his irresponsible and idiotic speech endorsing police officers to "not be so kind" to those they arrest pushed it to another level. Just as I feared, and as I care about, Trump is so lost on social issues.
2. AAU Culture/Lavar Ball - OK, can we stop giving the Ball family press coverage? They are now worst than the Kardashians in various ways. By the way, AAU basketball is the worst thing in sports...the murderer of youth sports.
3. Confederate - HBO can go kick rocks with this "alternative universe" garbage they are passing as fantasy entertainment. Please. People of color have been exploited enough, and in many ways, still are. I very much hope no one watches this nonsense.