Skip to main content

Dome Pondering Movie Review: LEGO Batman Movie (2017)


What is it about? 

A spin off from the Batman character in the Lego movie, Batman learns to deal with his past and embrace those around him willing to help him.

Who is in it? 

Will Arnett - Batman/Bruce Wayne

Michael Cera - Robin

Rosario Dawson - Batgirl/Barbara Gordon

Favorite Scene: 

After accidentally adopting a son, Bruce Wayne attempts to use the eventual Robin to get what he needs. In doing so, Dick Grayson begins going through all of Batman's old stuff and comes up with his own identity and super hero costume.

Favorite Quote: 

Robin: My name's Richard Grayson, but all the kids at the orphanage call me Dick.
Batman: Well, children can be cruel.

Review:

This film was exactly everything I expected - fun. The film, taking over from LEGO movie in which the Batman character was awesome in, developed an interesting plot around Batman, and of course, kept the character true to the one we all fell for in the original LEGO Movie.

Besides the awesomeness behind everything being LEGOs (still always hard to wrap the mind around), the best part of this film was in fact the humor. It was the same kind of humor that is sharp, witty, but totally acceptable for younger AND adult audiences.

I won't try ruin anything in the film, but go out and watch LEGO Batman. If you liked LEGO Movie, you'll surely enjoy this film as well.

Grade: 3/5

Recently Read Posts

4:44 - Jay-Z Pulls Me Back

I admit it. At one point, this Brooklyn-born-and-raised guy who narrated his growth to the tunes of one Jay-Z, believed that those days were gone. Over the last two or three albums, I sort of gave up on Jay-z being that voice that I can identify with. That voice that always speaks and holds truth to what I can relate to. Upon growing into a possible billionaire, and rapping about having money and whatever it was, I was one of those fans who decided, you know, will just listen to the hits. 
Partly, I was disappointed. He went from reaching in and representing the inner city heart of anyone who understood the words and sounds beyond just the catchy hooks and killer beats of what mainstream (and white) America heard.

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 7/16/17

3 Up 
1. Surprised Mother/Bride - I'm not one for sappy stories, but I am a sucker for a good story that reflects the circle of life, and the meaning of everything happening for a reason. Give this story a quick read - a mother who recently lost her son, has the recipient of her son's heart in a transplant show up at her wedding. Good stuff. Just good stuff. 
2. MLB All-Star Break - The MLB hit it out of the park earlier this week with an amazing time that included an awesome Home Run Derby, and some shenanigans that made for a good All-Star Game.
2A. Aaron Judge - Kudos to the big man for not only going along with the budding hype, but adding some legitimacy to it with that Home Run Derby performance. 
3. Roger Federer - Another Wimbledon Championship for the vet as he continues to hold off the young flock on the rise, yet continuing to add to an already super impressive legacy. 
3 Down
1. Donald Trump Jr. Situation - And...politics is back on the list. The continuing Russia p…

Dope Sports Threads - 2017 MLB All-Star Break

You knew I had to post on everything aesthetic during the MLB All-Star Break festivities. I just had to! Yes, I am a nerd for this stuff - always have been, always will be. And unlike some baseball fans, the All-Star Break is still must-see for me. I enjoy the Home Run Derby. I enjoy the All-Star Game. I appreciate seeing the guys enjoy the game that I love as well.

I'll leave my continued feelings (and rants) for fans who continue to push back against the progression of the game of baseball. For now, I'll just leave it be. I'm sure the rest of this post may drive them nuts too. Oh well. Here are some things that caught my eye this week:

Turning Thirty-Two

Today, I turn thirty-two. There is just something odd about this age - like twenty-three was, or twenty-eight was, you know, the mile markers in between the rest stops - that just doesn't carry the super significance as 21 and 30 did. Although, at this stage of life, there are many mile markers, and those celebratory rest stops are much, much fewer in between. 
Though, it wasn't too long ago I passed a big one - thirty! And if you remember, I loved becoming AND being thirty. To be honest, I enjoyed being thirty-one, and really, thirty-two already seems kick-ass. Call me crazy, my thirties have been VERY enjoyable. 
But as I turn thirty-two, there isn't much significance in the number, but truly, it's about the changes in myself. Thirty was just two years away, and I am already better than that version of myself. This year marked ten years since I've graduated from college (Things I Would tell My college Self), and I am a much better version of myself compared to t…