1. 88 Kids Adopted - This story of a couple adopting 88 kids, all with special needs, over the past four decades is downright remarkable. Enough cannot be said about the big heart and commitment to humanity that this couple embodies. Can we get more news like this in the mainstream cycle?
2. Big 3 League - I have to say, I absolutely love the idea Ice Cube has made into a reality. The idea of 3-on-3 basketball with former NBA players who can still ball is very intriguing. I missed out on attending the first event which was here in Brooklyn today, but plan to catch the airing of the broadcasts. Again, much respect to Ice Cube. I love innovation in sports.
3. NBA Draft Experience - As you say in my latest post, I had the luxury of attending the NBA Draft this week and it was a fun experience. I still wouldn't pay to attend (which I doubt many in attendance did), but the production and the fandom was great. The NBA definitely knows how to put on a spectacle.
1. Cop Who Shot Philando Castille - Acquitted? Ridiculous. That's all I'll say about this. Black and brown bodies continue to be killed for nothing in this country. SMH.
2. Phillipines ISIS Takeover - If we thought the battle against ISIS was in the Middle East, think again. The awful group apparently is making strides in takeover portions of the Phillipines. Pray for those out East.
3. Dan Gilbert - A pro general manager makes it to three straight NBA Finals and wins a championship, and is not extended. Dan Gilbert is apparently attempting to undercut James Dolan for most incompetent owner in the NBA.