Skip to main content

Would You Rather: Questions 61-70

61. Would you rather celebrate your birthday or Christmas?

This one is tough. I'm not one to make a big deal over my birthday, nor have I enjoyed Christmas day, you know, with all the spirit and stuff, for almost a decade now. Experiences will do that. However, in a perfect world, I would love to recapture that Christmas magic. So I am going to go with Jesus' Birthday. Maybe someday, that will return for me. 

62. Would you rather say everything on your mind, or never say anything again?

I have a blog, so easily, it's everything on my mind. It doesn't have to be verbal. But not saying anything, at least to me, I find annoying. I like hearing and reading the opinions from others. Unless of course, they are just outrageous. 

63. Would you rather be able to make people fart on command, or have flashlight hands?

Call me crazy, but the "make people fart" option is insanely hilarious to me. Yes, I'm very juvenile. I'm going with that. After all, flashlight hands? Come on, there is an app for that.
64. Would you rather work for Google or Facebook?

Google. I've heard of their perks, and would probably be more engaged in my work. 

65. Would you rather go to the movie theater alone and watch a movie or go to a restaurant and have a meal?

As many of you know, I haven't been to a movie theater in almost ten years now. I probably should get a counter on this blog for that. The streak is impressive. But I would still choose that. Eating alone is way too lonely. I love breaking bread with others. 

66. Would you rather your life be free of awkward moments or embarrassing moments?

Awkward moments are teachable. And they make for tremendous stories. You can save me the embarrassing moments. 

67. Would you rather spend a weekend in your perfect vision of a luxury hotel or your perfect vision of a camp site.

If you know me, this one is insanely easy - luxury hotel, bay bay!!  

I've never been camping, and I'm sure it's fun, but ummmm, yeah...no. 

68. Would you rather read an awesome book or watch an awesome movie?

Awesome books. Books are way more personal. 

69. Would you rather fit into any subgroup anywhere but never be popular or fit into only the popular subgroup where you call home?

Fit in anywhere. I love meeting new people and being a part of different sub-groups. Popularity never meant anything to me. 

70. Would you rather have the ability to fly or x-ray vision?

What's the point of x-ray vision? Let me fly! 

Recently Read Posts

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 9/17/17

3 Up
1. JJ Wyatt - Not only has the man raised over $37M for Hurricane Harvey relief, but unlike many of the various charities we have become accustomed to, Wyatt is very transparent in how he will spend the money, and what he plans to do. Still in such awe of this. 
2. Tim Duncan - In the same spectrum as Wyatt is one of my favorite athletes, Tim Duncan. A native from the US Virgin Islands, Tim Duncan has been instrumental in Hurricane Irma relief by donating 20,000 pounds of food to the area. Such awesome stories in the midst of all these Natural disasters. The power of the human spirit is so great. 
3. Cleveland Indians - 22 Baseball games in a row. The Indians record winning-streak came to an end  this week, but it is damn impressive. Are they NOT the choice to make it back to the World Series from the American League? 
3 Down
1. London Attacks - SMH on these terrorists attacks. My heart goes out to those affected by more senselessness in the world. 
2. White House on Jemele Hill -…

Dope Sports Threads - Nike NBA Uniforms

When Nike was announced as the new provider of the NBA uniforms, formerly designed by Adidas, I was very intrigued on what the super creative company would do. The team of Adidas and the NBA always felt a little...well, off. Nothing wrong with either brand, they just don't seem like a good fit for one another. Hence, we got jerseys with sleeves and such under their term. 
Go back to soccer, Adidas. It's where you shine. 
Enter, Nike. And this is the perfect fit for the NBA. And thus far, the designs, names of uniforms, and feel for the upcoming aesthetics within the NBA is awesome. Again, Nike just doing Nike things. 
With the the new uniforms, as always, here are a few notes on the latest:

Pondering Picture #82

It's Welcome Week at the institution that I work at, and it's been quite the hectic week of meeting, greeting, and providing programming for new students. I'm also continuously amazed at the amount of international students we have, and the hearing the journey and testimony of their road to this point in their lives. 
Despite the rigorous joy, I sort of miss that peace of hiking the Ithaca, NY area just before this time. Loved chasing waterfalls...
Sorry TLC.

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 9/3/17

3 Up
1. J.J. Watt - What started out as a mere fundraiser for Houston with a goal of a few hundred thousand dollars has turned into a mega-story with Watt raising over $18M for Harvey relief in Houston. Watt deserves so much credit. An athlete truly in-tune with his city and community. And really, one that just does good for others. 
2. Frances Tiafoe - Monday night's 1st round opener against Roger Federer was absolutely classic. The 19 year-old American took the great Federer into the final moments of a fifth set with some serious swag. Tiafoe surely made a name for himself, and I'll definitely be looking for him in the future. 
3. Yale University - Look, I'm all for changing names and tearing down statues of people who don't deserve it - like, those who really don't deserve it. Not because of our distorted version of history. Kudos to Yale taking a step in this direction removing Calhoun, a big time slavery advocate, as a name from one of their buildings. 
3 Down