Skip to main content

Would You Rather: Questions #1-10


After the success and personal enjoyment in going through 365 Thought Provoking Questions as well as the IF Factor series, I decided to dive into another series that presents similar dynamics in cognitive thinking. And of course, there was the feedback that some of you enjoyed going through it as well. With all of that said, let's start a new adventure in the "Would You Rather" Series. As always, thanks for reading, and enjoy!

1. Would you rather live to be 1,000 or live 10 different lives that last 100 years each?

Wow. The first question is rather easy - 10 different lives that last 100 years each. At least this way I can take a break in between lives. You know, digest what happened in the last one. Be able to get better at things you usually don't get a second chance on in life. Just imagine how easy those teenage years become? Though, imagine what teenage years ten lifetimes from now will be like. Yikes. Regardless, 1000 years of consecutive life sounds exhausting.

2. Would you rather live without your knees or your elbows?

And here we go with the tough stuff. I'll go without elbows. I'm sure sports, and various activities may feel like being a real-life Ken doll, but at least I'll be able to walk. Though, running may look really, really awkward. 

3. Would you rather have a dragon or would you rather be a dragon?

Have you seen "How to Train a Dragon?"!! Ummm, let's go with having a badass dragon like the night fury. 

4. Would you rather have to say everything that’s on your mind or never be able to speak again?

Never be able to speak again. I know that sounds weird, but I cannot - I repeat, cannot - say out loud the things that run through my mind. That just won't be cool. Plus, I like listening a lot more than speaking. And I enjoy typing and writing more so than speaking as well. Easy pick. 

5. Would you rather be naked in Antarctica or wear a snow suit in the hot desert?

I hate the cold. I love warm weather. But both of these sound like a nightmare. I'm going with the snow suit in the hot desert. In some ways, it actually has a few benefits. Being cold with no clothes have none. 

6. Would you rather be able to see into the future or have the power to change the past?

I would love do-overs. Mulligans in life would be awesome. I can think of a few already. Seeing into the future? Eh, where is the fun in that? That's not living. 

7. Would you rather age at half the normal rate or have the power to stop time whenever you want?

I like aging. I never understand why some make aging feel like the worst thing about life. I think the power to stop time would be cool. Again, it hearkens back to that "thinking to much" issue for me. It would be awesome to call a twenty-second timeout and come up with a plan for the situation. 

8. Would you rather lose all of your hair or lose your sense of smell and taste?

Lose all of my hair. Ha! I'm already bald. Boom. 

9. Would you rather be married to someone who is extremely attractive or be extremely attractive?

Married to someone extremely attractive. Easier to appreciate something you earned rather than something you are given. 

10. Would you rather travel 100 years into the future or 100 years into the past?

100 years into the future. Nothing in the past sounds good to me. Especially, when you consider the idea that I am a person of color. I'll skip that. I can't even begin to imagine or wrap my mind around what happened back then. Though, I am curious to see what the world would look like in 3016.

Recent Favorites

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 3/17/24

3 Up 1. Virginia Ends Legacy Admissions - There is the obvious on this, right? Like, why is this even a thing to begin with? I'm very curious to see the effects of this in Virginia. For all of the discussion on race-equity-based admissions, and affirmative-action measures, legacy admissions have long gone without scrutiny.  2. Kyrie Irving Buzzer-Beater - Look, this is at #2 for mere appreciation of basketball - at the purity and poetry of it. Irving, arguably the most skilled player ever (despite his actions and your opinions of him) hit a game-winning left-handed (!!) hook shot from 16 feet out to win a game. It's simply unreal. It's a thing of beauty (and such difficulty!).  I'm headed out to the driveway to try it - we all know you will too.  3. COVID Anniversary - Ah yes, we'll continue to remember mid-March for COVID. But let it now steer you away from other thoughts on how the world was reduced to essentials. Let's never lose that outlook.  3 Down 1. Bo

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"