1. Simone Manuel - What else can be said about Simone Manuel? Her accomplishments this past week in earning gold far surpasses just athletic dominance and amazement. It's empowering, moving, inspiring, and yes, a long way from pools being drained because blacks touched the pool water.
2. USA Swimming - Obviously, there was Manuel, but of course, there was Michael Phelps who might beleive is part fish. Maybe one hundred percent fish, just in a human's body. And then there is Katie Ledecky, who well, might be a fish too. And kudos to Lily King who stood up against doping. Loved that personal conviction shining through.
3. "The Final Five" - These girls were amazing in their dominance in gymnastics. I don't know a lick about gymnastics, and it was easy to see the sheer brilliance and one-of-a-kind special-ness that was n display.
1. Thai Explosions - In a world where it's becoming evident that nowhere is safe, Surat Thani was struck by a wave of bombs that destroy resort towns this past Friday. So sad.
2. IMAM Double Murder - As Islamaphobia builds here in the US, unfortunately, it has reached a new level as an IMAM and his assistant were gunned down in Queens. This really needs to stop.
3. Todd Grisham - I'm not one for ESPN. In fact, I wasn't a huge Grisham fan when he was working for the WWE. With that said, his comments about Ichiro's "unwillingness to learn English after 15 years". Thanks Todd for continuing to add to the marginalization of all people who don't speak English here.