1. Mother's Day - Kudos to all of the mothers around the world doing their best to raise children everywhere. Also, much props to the foster moms and pinch-hitting moms who are raising other children - you're efforts to love unconditionally are truly forgotten at times.
2. Bryce Harper - Not only did he manage to set a new MLB record of reaching base seven times without an AB (6 walks, 1HBP), but he rocked some pretty sweet floral cleats and a floral arm sleeve to go with all of the pink in the Mother's Day uniforms. Bryce is definitely making baseball fun.
3. Black Guy Discovers Hockey - This story has been tremendous. His tweets on discovering hockey were so authentic that he went viral, and also earned a free trip to a Blues games. You can't blame the guy, the Stanley Cup Playoffs have been much more interesting than the NBA Playoffs this year. Much, much more.
1. Penn State - With the news of Joe Paterno possibly knowing about Jerry Sandusky and his molesting of children, I am sickened with the University. How could anyone involved in that situation just let that go on for years?! For what?! Football?! Ugh.
2. Romeo Parks - I really like the game of soccer, but sometimes the culture just breeds such bad sportsmanship. Regardless, the actions of this clown, Parks, who kicked another player in his back, injuring him, is the sort of stuff scumbags do. Here is to hoping he never sees a professional soccer field again.
3. Bill DeBlasio - I'm not sure what is wrong with this guy. He just might be the biggest lame duck NYC mayor in a long, long time. I'm sorry, suggesting a "boycott" of Chik-Fil-A. Not only is the company private, but they have also been welcoming of all kinds on their staff, opening more stores here in the city, and oh yeah, creating more jobs! Sorry, Bill, you're off base here.
1. Split of the Republican Party - With Donald Trump getting the nod, and Paul Ryan not endorsing him, you see coming what we did all along, the splitting of this party. This is very intriguing, and should be interesting as we move along.