Skip to main content

Sunday Sundown Rundowns - 4/24/16

3 Up 

1. Autistic Boy's Poem - I'm a sucker for well written things, anything words, and especially, personal written pieces for interesting minds. This poem. from a boy with Asperger's just moved me for it's meaning, how well written it is, and just how damn good it is.  

2. Jake Arrieta - Oh you know, just Arrieta tossing another no-hitter in the first month of the 2016 MLB season. No big deal. 

3. Bryce Harper - Staying with baseball, if Arrieta's single-game feat wasn't enough, how about what Bryce Harper is continuing to do? His free agency is going to be quite the frenzy to watch when it goes down. 

3 Down 

1. Industry Deaths - Obviously, the world lost Prince this week in shocking news. Tough to see such a legend go. For pro wrestling fans, the business also lost Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, who was a trailblazer for women in the industry. Drugs, man...it's a shame to see such influential lives cut short due to substance abuse and troubled livelihoods. 

2. Junior High N-Word Discussion - This story just made me shake my head in disgust. A middle school teacher leading a discussion on the use of the n-word was suspended for doing so. Parents went as far as saying racial slurs "have no place in the classroom". Apparently preparing their children for the real world and having them critically think is not important. Why are we so afraid to confront this issues head on?

3. Morning Talk Show Drama - Sorry, I'm so sick about hearing about the morning show shake up on Live and Good Morning America. I'm sure some people care about who the host will be, but the idea that Kelly Ripa is trowing some big time fit over this just screams first world issues to me. It really does. Just being honest. 

Recently Read Posts

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 11/12/17

3 Up
1. Aly Raisman - Following the bravery of Mckayla Maroney and others in the #MeToo campaign, Raisman has stepped forward as the charges pile up for sexual abuse by former USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar. By the way, shame on USA Gymnastics for continuing to allow this culture. I shudder to think what else lies in the world of Gymnastics. 
2. New York Times - In a world where journalism - real journalism - is becoming harder and harder to find, The Times continues to break stories left and right, and did so again this week with the Louis CK piece. I think we all are tired of journalism wrapped in identity politics, and yes, even "fake news". 
3. Kristaps Porzingis - Obviously, you all know how much I love the Unicorn. But seriously, how enjoyable is he to watch? And barring injury, he can only get better. Melo, who? 
3 Down
1. Sean Hannity - Seriously, I don't even know how this guy sleeps at night. And really, I'm not even sure what kind of person follows thi…

Pondering Picture #82

I snapped this photo in midtown Manhattan following a meeting with believe it or not, various professors from my alma mater of Cazenovia College. It was tremendous catching up with them all, especially considering it's been ten-plus years since I've seen them. 
Sometimes, honestly, it's almost like I forget I spent four years in upstate New York. And when I am reminded of it, often I am amazed in how a such a small town helped prepare me to tackle the big city, New York City - my home. 
Life is crazy.

Dome Pondering Movie Review: The Big Sick (2017)

What is it about?

The true story of Pakistani-born, Kumail Nanjiani who falls in love with Emily. After she becomes ill with a mysterious illness, Kumail must come to grips with various truths and culture clashes he's been avoiding. 
Who is in it? 
Kumail Nunjiani - Kumail
Emily - Zoe Kazan
Holly Hunter - Beth
Ray Romano - Terry

WWE Battleground 2014: Usos vs. The Wyatts, and Well, Just Get Ready For SummerSlam!

I really didn't have much interest in WWE Battleground last night. It just felt like another WWE PPV with another new name that really didn't have much meaning other than stamping another event with a pointless description until SummerSlam. And to be honest, the recent string of WWE TV hasn't been the most entertaining in my eyes. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't been excited. Just meh. WWE just seems to be spinning their wheels a midst the doldrums of complacency and pitching the WWE Network every chance they have. 
Nonetheless, WWE Battleground wasn't all that terrible in my eyes. Here are some quick thoughts from last night's event: