1. Autistic Boy's Poem - I'm a sucker for well written things, anything words, and especially, personal written pieces for interesting minds. This poem. from a boy with Asperger's just moved me for it's meaning, how well written it is, and just how damn good it is.
2. Jake Arrieta - Oh you know, just Arrieta tossing another no-hitter in the first month of the 2016 MLB season. No big deal.
3. Bryce Harper - Staying with baseball, if Arrieta's single-game feat wasn't enough, how about what Bryce Harper is continuing to do? His free agency is going to be quite the frenzy to watch when it goes down.
1. Industry Deaths - Obviously, the world lost Prince this week in shocking news. Tough to see such a legend go. For pro wrestling fans, the business also lost Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, who was a trailblazer for women in the industry. Drugs, man...it's a shame to see such influential lives cut short due to substance abuse and troubled livelihoods.
2. Junior High N-Word Discussion - This story just made me shake my head in disgust. A middle school teacher leading a discussion on the use of the n-word was suspended for doing so. Parents went as far as saying racial slurs "have no place in the classroom". Apparently preparing their children for the real world and having them critically think is not important. Why are we so afraid to confront this issues head on?
3. Morning Talk Show Drama - Sorry, I'm so sick about hearing about the morning show shake up on Live and Good Morning America. I'm sure some people care about who the host will be, but the idea that Kelly Ripa is trowing some big time fit over this just screams first world issues to me. It really does. Just being honest.