Skip to main content

2015 Bucket List #4: Eat at Chick-Fil-A


Yeah, the bucket lists agenda is exactly as it reads. Sure, for many of you, eating at Chick-Fil-A is normal, something that is just a part of your everyday lives. However, for this New Yorker, all I ever hear from Southerners is how awesome the chain is. 

For years, the only Chick-Fil-A store in all of New York was one within the New York University food court. As a employee of NYU, many have urged me to simply just take advantage of my connections and use the proximity to try the fast food chain. I declined, as I wanted the experience to not be a modified one, but the real thing.

Yes folks, I'm talking fast food experience. 


A real Chik-Fil-A restaurant recently opened up here in New York City, but of course, that one is already overwhelmed all hours of the day. 

So after a day out in New Jersey with the wife, where apple picking, hiking, and other randomness in Jersey occurred, we noticed Chik-Fil-A was nearby, and decided to give it a try.

Of course, my first thought was this - "why in the world is there such a big parking lot for fast food?" And then I took a look at the drive-thru line which was ten cars deep, and the line for the restaurant that filed out of the entrance door and realized it was indeed necessary.



As someone who thoroughly believes in healthy living and wellness, fast food is not part of my diet, and is rarely, if ever, something I endorse. But this was Chick-Fil-A. You know, the place that many say you HAVE to try. 

After a long wait, I decided to go with the classic chicken sandwich with a salad on the side (obviously), and a treat - a vanilla milkshake. Honestly, the food was okay. Better than most typical fast food, but I would still select other options over it if needed. Maybe I missed what I was supposed to experience, or maybe I was wrapped up in the other things that made my Chick-Fil-A experience a good one - cleanliness and the customer service. 

The customer service from the staff was just so, so - well, unlike any other fast food order experience I've ever had. The staff was so nice, so polite, and so helpful. Imagine that? From the experience of the staff there, I wouldn't mind going back. Sometimes, the way you're treated in an establishment surpasses the actual product of the establishment. 

All in all, I can now cross this off my list of things to accomplish in life. 

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -