1. Frank Gifford - Unfortunately, the sports world lost Frank Gifford this week. From his legend at USC, with the New York Giants, and finally, as a broadcasting legend, any sport manager or fan understands the impact Gifford has had on the sports and athletics industry.
2. Toronto Blue Jays - After making the deal for Troy Tulowitzki and David Price, the Blue Jays have gone from a pretender to a serious threat in the AL East with a bludgeoning win-sreak. The Jays have rejuvenated an entire fan base and country as the Jays look to end their playoff drought.
3. GOP Presidential Debate - The debate drew some big time ratings, but it also introduced many of the faces, positions, and stances we will hear in the coming months. Solid debate, with hopefully more to come.
1. Floyd Mayweather - Yup, "Money" Mayweather is the big loser this week. I don't care about Mayweather's money. We all know his bank account is very healthy. However, choosing Andre Berto for his "final" fight this week was super lame. Whoever pays for that fight is a fool. I think the guy is good, but this selection really dents his legacy and lends to the argument he is only undefeated because of who he picks. And oh yeah, his spit-spat-return towards Ronda Rousey was also very, very, lame. The fall back on money is tiring.
2. Donald Trump - We all know Trump doesn't play well, and it's probably the reason he is so successful, but his backlash towards Megyn Kelly following the debate was uncalled for and classless. No political message here, but that's not the type of person I want representing this country if he can't handle a woman asking him hard questions.
3. Wrigley Bomb Threat - This is so sad. A police officer was quoting as saying, "we get dozens of bomb threats weekly, but this one is more credible". WHAT?! What is wrong with people. Seriously. Glad everything turned out alright.