1. America! - The holiday weekend was nice to enjoy, including all of the patriotism and good things we enjoy in this nation. It was desperately needed following many of the internal social issues we've been having as of late.
2. US Women's National Soccer - Champs! What else is there to say? The USWNT made adjustments and tough decisions like benching legend, Abby Wambach, and my adult soccer crush, Sydney Leroux (don't worry, the wife knowws), and improved every game on the road to this win. It was a fun ride that hopefully increases the exposure of soccer in this nation.
3. Becky Hammon - If girl power isn't already in the air already, kudos to the San Antonio Spurs and Becky Hammon as she becomes the first female head coach in the NBA Summer League.
1. Chicago - Just when July 4th weekend was a great way to get our minds off domestic issues, the city of Chicago reminded us what real America is currently like. The city continued it's claim as the murder capital of the US with 27 injured and 3 dead over the span of 8 hours, including a horrific and senseless death of a 7 year old. Something needs to be done about Chi-town...seriously.
2. Donald Trump - Political affairs and beliefs aside, did he really believe he could make a comment about immigrants and not receive backlash? A man of his wealth can't be that stupid, right? I'm beginning to believe this is just a vanity run for Trump.
3. Black Confederate - This woman seriously said "slavery was a choice". Wow. Yes, we have a candidate for the 2015 Idiot of the Year.
1. England Women's National Soccer - With family roots and ties to England, I really was pulling for the Lionesses in this World Cup. Such a shame to see the own-goal cost them a trip to the Finals which would've made for an interesting post-July 4th against the US. And yes, everyone needs to lay off Laura Bassett, she made an honest play that just went wrong.