1. LeBron James - Talk about being a monster. James is re-writing his legacy before our eyes as he is in the NBA Finals for the 5th straight year, especially, with his current group of misfits on the Cleveland Cavaliers. And with the Heat out of the picture, it strengthens his case that much more. Beast!
2. Oldest Marathon Runner - I'm all for physical health and wellness, after all, it's my line of work for a living. So imagine the fist pump I gave when I read that 92 year old Harriette Thompson became the oldest woman to ever finish a marathon. Jees, so for those of use who never have run a marathon, what's our excuse?
3. Destination America - How could a channel be in complete obscurity to the wrestling fan a year ago, all of a sudden be the focus of their DVRs? Well, DA is re-writing the television manual with a new "wrestling block" on Wednesday nights with competing - yes, competing! - companies, ROH and TNA going back-to-back for three hours. And yup, you know that my DVR is set. Pretty pumped about it.
1. Houston Flood - Personally, this occurrence was really shocking as I never thought something like this would occur in Houston. Nonetheless, the floods which took the lives of many and damaged the city is very sad. Just an awful situation, especially those who lost loved ones.
2. Biden Family - Such a tragic loss for Vice President, Joe Biden, who lost his son to brain cancer this week. Vice President Biden has had to bury his first wife, a daughter, and now his son. I can't even imagine the grief and hurt he must carry with him in his life.
3. FIFA - This didn't shock anyone who follows the world's game. FIFA has been corrupt for a long time now, and the fact that they were caught and the President was re-elected is baffling. Like James Dolan hiring sort of baffling.