1. John Oliver Rant on NCAA - This was epic, and in many ways, brilliantly explained much of the hypocrisy that is Division I athletics, specifically, basketball and football. If you're up for a good laugh, Oliver's rant is worth it.
2. Chris Borland - Yours truly touched on this a bit this week as Borland's early retirement is admirable. Forgoing millions at the risk of long term health risks is something many of us won't have the guts to do, but Borland was able to prioritize the important things in life. Kudos.
3. Children Bracketology - This was just hilarious to me. So yeah, it made the ups for this week. And if you do watch it, how about the cute kid who keeps mentioning "Tate...his sister"? Too funny.
1. Pregnant Woman/ Craiglist - This story is just so sad and horrific to think about. A woman who was answering a craigslist ad in Colorado had her fetus cut out by an attacker. What. In. The. World. Is. Wrong. With. Our. Society?
2. 8 Children Killed in Fire - This is another downer, especially since it occurred a mere few blocks from where I reside. A fire ripped through a home killing a family's eight children. So sad.
3. Perro Aguayo - I get annoyed when non-pro wrestling fans attempt to dismiss the art form as "fake" and no risk. Yes, we know it's scripted, but fake it is not. Unfortunately, we were reminded of the risk these men and women take every night when they perform as Mexican Wrestler, Perro Aguayo, died in the ring this past week suffering a snapped vertebrae. Such a crazy week for untimely deaths. Treasure everyday everyone.