1. Inside the NBA - Kudos to, in my opinion, the best in-game studio telecast in sports. After Charles Barkely made his controversial statements on the situation in Ferguson, and Kenny Smith replied with an open letter in the USA Today, the panel opened Thursday's telecast with a ten minute discussion that was better than anything you would see on the 24-hour news stations. Well done.
2. Landon Donovan - The greatest American-born male soccer player ever finished up his storied career with another MLS championship, his sixth. Not many are able to walk off that way, but Donovan definitely gets to do so.
3. Alia Atkinson - When race seems to be at the forefront of everything right now for negativity, here is a positive spin on things. Alia Atkinson became the first black woman to claim a world title in swimming.
1. Eric Garner Situation - Obviously the number one down of the week, yet, as obvious as it is, it's still shocking to see the legal system continue to operate in such an injustice way. As I stated this week, this one was much more clear cut than the situation in Ferguson.
2. Lame Protesters - There are those looking to bring light to an issue by exercising their right to assemble, and there are those who are just going along with the current times to be apart of what is currently en vogue. Those people annoy me and do more harm to the cause than they realize.
3. New York Jets/New York Knicks - Take your pick on these two. They both stink. New York Sports has been really, really, lean lately, and it doesn't look promising in the near future either.