Skip to main content

The IF Factor: Questions Answered #471-480

471. If you could visit only one more place in the world that you have never been, where would you go for this final voyage?

Australia. 

472. If you had to pick the most difficult question you could be asked, what would it be?

Well, it's one that has crossed my mind before - do I sell my parents house or keep it for myself when, you know...

473. If you could rid the earth of one thing, what would it be?

Ignorance.


474. If you had to choose the one thing that gives you the most comfort, what would you say?

Jesus. Nothing gives me more security than my faith. Not money. Not security. Not health. Just my faith. 

475. If you had to name the one thing that most frightens you about growing old, what would it be?

As I get older, I'm truly starting to appreciate the concept of not just living life to the fullest, but living life with effectiveness.

476. If you could be more ambitious in only one aspect of your life, what would it be?

Morning routine. I'm still a struggling morning person. Partly because my work schedule is all over the place. I would like to become more ambitious in rising early...and I guess going with that, going to bed early. Easier said than done. 

477. If you were to spend the rest of your life in the company of a single type of animal, which would you choose?

Well this is a rough question. I guess I'll go with a dog. They seem domestic enough to live with for the rest of my life. 

478. If you had to constantly carry a weapon of some kind, what would it be?

Am I in danger? Do I live in a dangerous neighborhood? I will select a knife. A gun seems rather dangerous, and things like rocket launchers and grenades aren't convenient enough. 

479. If you had to name the one most important ingredient of human beauty, what would you say it is?

It sounds cheesy and somewhat naive, but a will and need to serve others would be it. Those with a will and characteristic to serve and appreciate others are my favorite people. I typicaly can't stand self-aggrandizing selfish people. 

480. If you were to add a thirteenth month to the year, where would you insert it?

Easily between July and August. I'm all about summer, and anyway to expand it would be terrific. 

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -