1. Madison Bumgarner - Wow. Domination is all that can be said. "MadBum" has been lights out against opposing teams since the calendar turned to October. His shutout World Series win in Game 5 was just another notch to emphasize that point.
2. Charles Barkely - Kudos to Chuck for voicing his opinion, which is very much true, on some people in the black community regarding success and their treatment of others. With the whole Russell Wilson "not black enough" discussion going on, it's voices like Barkley who honestly keep things in perspective by being very, very, real.
3. Black-ish - I don't watch much TV, but there is something so brilliant and yet, still comedic, how Black-ish tackles racial overtones, stereotypes, and even longtime conundrums, that makes the show a breath of fresh air. Great writing, and of course, great work by the cast to execute it. I will be watching more.
1. Ebola - Ahhhh, the continuing Ebola saga which has gone into mass hysteria with lack of knowledge, media hype, and in some cases, misinformation from our elected leaders. Never a good combination, and so far, it hasn't been.
2. Washington School Shooting - Another school shooting. The sad part is, this has become so common now that it is no longer headline national news. How sad is that?
3. Oscar Tavares - Only 22 years old, yet the death of the young Cardinals right fielder shows how precious and short life truly is. We figure, "he has his whole life ahead of him", yet we forget that at any moment, life can be over. Definitely a tough one to wrap your mind around.
1 Incredibly Terrible Performance
1. New York Jets - Yikes. From Geno to the terrible cornerbacks, the Jets stink. Like, really, really, really stink.