1. Ron Washington - I completely respect Ron Washington. Despite his demons, the man is a man's man that is brutally honest and holds himself accountable. I can see why so many players he's coached respects him highly. From taking a step away a few years ago for admitting to issues with cocaine to stepping away from the Rangers managing gig for personal issues - which he openly admits is him being unfaithful to his wife - Washington never runs from his wrong doings. Something rarely seen in the world today.
2. Rachel Nichols - Rachel Nichols was tough as nails in her questions towards NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell this week. So many TV outlets asked interesting questions, and there were a few softballs thrown in, but it was Nichols who truly brought the hammer during the press conference.
3. "May It's Not For You?" - I'm so sick of the Derek Jeter bashing. Of course, Chris Carlin tried to make a name for himself by calling Jeter a "fraud" for accepting gifts this season. Personally, I think Carlin is a typical TV talking-head hack. But it was Jay Gordon over at a favorite blog of mine, River Avenue Blues, who nailed Jeter's farewell celebrations right on the money - Maybe It's Not For You.
1. Chicago Gang Kills Boy - Chicago continues to be the huge elephant in the room for this country. Especially the black community. The Mike Brown case and Ferguson are injustices, but when does the outrage begin for continuing stories like this.
2. NFL Press Conference - At least the NFL finally came clean. I'll give them that. But the presser was too late, an quite frankly, to flat in impact.
3. Lauryn Hill - I still hold the "Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" as one of my favorite albums ever. But what happened to Lauryn Hill is nothing short of sad. Especially reports of getting booed off the stage in London.