Skip to main content

The IF Factor: Questions Answered #401-410

401. If you could have an entire city depopulated to explore with a friend for one week, what city would it be, and what would you do?

I would love to go back to Rome, depopulated, and be able to explore the entire city. Rome is charming in all of its ancient-ness, but a lot of the frustration comes with so many other tourists making the exploration difficult and time consuming. However, let's leave the people who work in the gelato shops. I'll most likely be frequenting them several times through the week. 

402. If you did not work, how much TV would you watch every day?

Not much. I rarely watch TV as is. Sometimes I feel odd...which I know seems odd...in saying that. But, compared to the average person, I don't watch much TV and/or TV programs. Sports and Pro wrestling with a handful of shows is really all there is for me. 

403. If you had to pick the TV personality you were most in love with as a kid, who would it be?

Easy..."Macho Man" Randy Savage. The dude was the man. How could you not love Macho Man?

404. If you were to make any hotel room your home for a year, where would it be?

Any villa suite room on a beach in the Caribbean. I'll pretty much be good there for a year. More precisely, I'll go with one of the virgin islands. 

405. If you could redesign the uniforms of any sports team, which team would it be, and what changes would you make?

Oh, there are so many of them. However, I will go with the San Diego Padres in MLB as they are the immediate franchise that comes to mind. Why? The uniforms are so uncreative. I would look to add more style and personality from the city of San Diego to the uniforms and fonts as well.

406. If you had to name the hardest position to play in sports, what would you say it is?

I'm sure everyone and their cousin will immediately blurt out "Quarterback!" However, contrary to popular belief, I am going with a catcher in Major League Baseball. These dudes get beat up, playing  over a hundred times a year, and have not only the pitches of their 11 (or 12) man pitching staff to memorize, but also the strengths and weaknesses of each hitter in the entire league. And oh yeah, after all of that, they too have to do the hardest proven thing in sports - hit a baseball. 

407. If you were to define the word "courage" by giving an example, how would you do it?

My parents moving to a new country with no money, no friends, no jobs, and pretty much no education and  still believing. In my eyes, that's courage. 

408. If you could had to be addicted to one thing, what would it be?

Jesus. That's an addiction that would make life so much richer. Imagine, being addicted to Jesus? 

409. If you could remove the ability to hate from one person in the world today, who would it be?

Hmm, just one? OK, I pick whoever the top and most influential terrorist is currently right now. Let's change his heart to one of love and see how many hearts he can affect as well. 

410. If you could run any existing charity, which would it be?

This is a good one. I'm not sure if me running a specific charity would do anything, or even if I would look to change the mission of said charity. With that said, I guess I'll go with the Boys and Girls Club of America. 

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -