Skip to main content

The IF Factor: Questions Answered #291-300

291. If you could teach one person you know a lesson about money, who would it be, and what would they learn?

A few of my friends. They would learn that the latest material item doesn't necessarily have to be bought.

292. If you could be more focused in one area of your life, what would it be?

As of this writing, probably time management. There are just so many things I want to do, and would like to do, and of course, need to do, that often sleep is the one task that suffers from trying to fit it all in one day. Everyday.

293. If you could avoid any one physical ailment in your old age, what would it be?

Mobility.

294. If you could throw a great Halloween party anywhere, where would you have it?

I'm really not a Halloween guy. Never was, never have been, and probably never will be. October to me simply means one thing - playoff baseball. I've already designated my wife the sole responsibility of creating that Halloween spirit for our future children.

But to answer the question, I'll go with Game 7 of the World Series at Yankee Stadium. I'm going as a Yankees fan ready to celebrate another World Series championship. And since it's my party - Yankees win!

295. If you had to name the best example of fate that you know, what would you say?

My choice of College. Wasn't even on my list. Never expected to attend. Last day change to do so (literally), and boom - met some great people, played some college baseball, learned under a few great professors (who I still touch base with today), met one of my best friends (and one-third of my best man trio), and of course, met a little someone I now call my wife.

296. If you had to name the book from your childhood that had the biggest influence on you, what book would it be?

I had a youth Bible that really made the good book interesting and relative for me. But the book that really changed my outlook on a lot of things during my mid-to-late teens was Black Boy by Richard Wright. Definitely a book that changes your perspective on a few issues on human and race relations.

297. If you could punish the most difficult person you work with on a daily basis, what would you do, and to whom?

I won't name names on this blog, but there are some people that make things difficult at work by either a. Not doing any of it; b. Playing politics, or c. simply just doing whatever they could to make things hard for everyone at work.

I'll never understand what these kind of people get out of this. But I'd simply zap them with a mild tazer gun. Nothing too crazy, just enough to get a good chuckle out of it.

298. If you could have your license plate say anything at all, what would it be?

The New York state issued combination currently given to me. I'm not one for flash and all that jazzy, showy, stuff.

299. If you had to pick the most beautiful word in your own language, what would you choose?

Please. Always a sign of either selflessness, gratitude, or purely humbleness.

300. If you had to describe yourself as a child in one word, what would it be?

Curious. 

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -