1. Mariano Rivera - The greatest closer of all-time and my favorite athlete of all-time had his day today - Mariano Rivera Day. In such class, he had his number retired, gave a classy speech, and proceeded to do what he does best, give the Yankees a chance to win the ballgame with a flawless effort. Still can't believe it will be all over soon.
2. Phil Knight - Often wealthy people get a bad wrap for not doing enough with their money and fame to help others. Phil Knight, co-founder of Nike, obviously is not one of those people as him and his wife pledge to match if $500 million is raised for cancer research. He's previously given $100 million already for research. Pretty awesome.
3. Andy Pettitte - Another Yankee great retiring. Andy dazzled in a vintage Pettitte-performance by going into the eighth inning. As I stated the first time he retired, I'm going to miss Pettitte's intensity, and of course that awesome stare over the tip of his glove (Losing One More From The Core).
1. Kenya Mall Shooting - The mass shooting and hostage situation that occurred over two days in a Kenyan Mall this week left 68 dead and almost two hundred injured. It is so unfortunate to hear about the innocent lives that were taken as radicals attempt to terrorize others.
2. Navy Yard Shooting - Another mass shooting this week that unfortunately took place on our own soil. As the days go on, we see that no where is safe, not even our military bases.
3. Miss America Racist Comments - I'm not one for beauty pageants as I find them hypocritical and pointless. However, the bashing that new Miss America, Nina Davuluri, has taken for not being "American" is ridiculous. When will our nation just grow up?