Skip to main content

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 8/4/13

3 Up

1. Fast Food Workers Strike - This gets the nod this week not because I agree or disagree with the move by some fast food workers to demand higher pay, but because the discussion of economics and true solutions for our country are being healthily discussed. Sometimes, this is where progression begins.

2. Robin Thicke - I haven't heard your album (yet), but I've heard "Blurred Lines" just about everywhere I go. I won't lie and say it's not overplayed at this point, but major props are in order for that.

3. Nike - For severing it's ties with MLB cheat, Ryan Braun. Is the seperation permanent (as it should be)? Only time will tell.

3 Down

1. Riley Cooper - I touched upon this at length this week, but using the "N" word towards a black person is a huge no-no. You just can't do that today and expect to be forgiven immediately. Way to hinder your career and reputation on something very stupid.

2. Alex Rodriguez - Ahhh, A-Rod, you would make such a great heel in pro wrestling! That press conference this week also didn't do you much help in public appeal as well.

3. TNA Wrestling and Tito Ortiz - After an awesome buildup for a mystery man through social media, the company dropped the ball in following through. Not because Tito Ortiz was overly a terrible choice, but simply because of the execution. The weird stare was well...awkward.

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -