1. Tim Lincecum - Just when we all started asking that question, "what happened to Tim Lincecum?", he goes out and tosses a no hitter, with thirteen strikeouts as an exclamation point.
2. Improved Health of Nelson Mandella - For the last few weeks it seems as if the great Nelson Mandella was in his final days. However, with recent improvement, things are beginning to turn around. With all of the social and civil rights agendas that are hot topics, losing Mandella right now would be tough.
3. Talib Kweli's Latest Album, Prisoner of Conscious - With all of the hype over Jay-Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail", Kanye West's "Yeezus", and J-Cole's "Born Sinner", Prisoner of Conscious earns my endorsement over them all for best rap album. Yes, I just said that. For me, album of the summer...so far.
1. Trayvon Martin/ George Zimmerman Verdict - I know it sounds weird, but when I said that "I wasn't surprised, but was shocked" on Twitter, that's how I truly felt. There wasn't enough evidence to convict him, but at the same time, it's simply the same old script. More on this to come tomorrow on the DP.
2. Al Sharpton, and Every Other "Civil Rights" Spokespeople - Please stop. Just stop. When thousands of black men die every day in this nation's inner cities you are no where to be found. When one happens that supposedly has "racial" overtones and is a national story, you pop up with your agenda. Stop turning these real issues into a chance to further your agenda.
3. Social Media Pundits - Everyone these days voice their opinions over social media, and for people like me, through a blog. But I really hate the trend of everyone taking to Facebook or Twitter doing useless things in support of your motive. Changing profile pics, posting created pictures, and constant updates about "how angry you are" is lame, pointless, and unproductive. Want to make a difference? Move away from your screens, and get out in the real world and make a change.
...I might have given away some of my post on the Trayvon Martin reaction for tomorrow.