Skip to main content

Confused on Atheist Belief/Movement


This is has been an issue that has been gaining traction for years, if not decades. It seems the more we move forward as a nation, the more we leave behind our trust in faith, and our belief in a creator. The issue, in my opinion, strongly goes hand in hand with the recent push of a culture that places a great deal of emphasis on "self", and of course, on the growing lack of accountability, morals, and ethical conduct in times today.

Obviously, if your a DP devotee, you know that I am a Christian. Admittedly, and until I take my last breath, I strongly believe and trust in Jesus. I'm not afraid or ashamed to say that. If you're a new reader, there it is. 

As a person of faith, obviously my view on this is conflicting to where our society is moving. Would I want everyone to love and trust Jesus? Of course, but I know that's not 1. possible, or 2. going to happen in one blog post. 

However, what really strikes me from the video is indeed the growing effort of Atheists to renounce the  message of, or even the belief, that there is a God. With growing social media efforts, rallies, and even celebrity endorsements, it's seems like a full onslaught attack to tell everyone that my God is not real. That there is no being. And faith in itself is mythical. 

My biggest perplexity in this all is the mere end game of Atheism. Sure, as a Christian, my views, beliefs, and faith do no line up with the other religions of the world. Take your pic - Judiasm, Hinduism, Islam, and even those of Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, or even, the trendy by Tom Cruise, Scientology. Whether which is right or wrong is not the issue in my point, but the mere fact that faith, the sole strength of one's soul, must be focused somewhere by all humans. 

In Atheism, it seems like the sole purpose of its purpose is a dedication to destroy every form of belief there is. However, if we play by the rules of that thinking, where does that leave us? OK, let's play by their rules. There is no God. So what or how did we get here? Atheism under it's umbrella of belief do not completely agree on the matter of our purpose or existence, however, they are sure God does not exist.

So with that, what is the end game in getting people to realize God is fictional? 

As a Christian, I can assure you saving souls and lives through Jesus is that "goal" in Christianity, and I feel pretty confidant in speaking for other forms of belief that improving one's self is well. 

Its rather easy to sit around and tell everyone why something isn't without responsibility or accountability. I can tell you until the end of days why golf isn't a sport. However, if I am unable to tell you what golf is, then what am I really contributing?

By the way, golf is fantastic. I'm sure some of you were already lining up the tweets and messages defending the highly skilled sport. 

Nonetheless, the growing atheism movement seems empty of truth and void of substantial logic in it's mission. 

And to be brutally honest, I find the fact that the Atheism movement being so geared in it's attacks on Christianity to be a sign of aggressive desperation that is needed to oppose the greatest foe to their mission.

Unfortunately, there are some that share my faith who give ammunition to the Atheists, with some misrepresenting the faith altogether. And this is the case for other religion and faiths as well.

For a nation that was indeed built on faith principles despite how many times we attempt to throw "separation of church and state in the argument", it is the combination of the Atheistic movement and even the  misrepresentation of the Christian faith that has given momentum in favor away from belief in God.

Do I believe our nation has removed God from this country? 

Brutally, honest answer: yes. 

And that's a topic that can span several posts. Maybe even a months worth. 

However, why, is the question I still do not understand. And I will love to hear or even debate from someone of the conflicting opinion.

So yes, I am concerned about this growing trend of doing away with a loving God that has blessed this country thus far, but I cannot take atheism seriously until it really puts forward a positive foot not bent on tearing down others.

Or even capitalizing on the mistakes and missteps of those that oppose them. 

After all, these folks all celebrate Christmas. 

Pretty hard to understand a group geared toward promoting the idea that Jesus is fictional, yet, celebrate it in honor of his birth.

I just don't get it. - all of it. 

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -