Skip to main content

365 Thought Provoking Questions. Answered: #242-257

242. What do you think about when you lie awake in bed?

The day's happenings, decisions and occurrences. Also, the next day and the future is often amongst the thought process.

243. What’s something most people don’t know about you?

You mean something that I haven't already admitted on this blog already?

Nonetheless, here is a fact most don't know about me: because of my left foot and the several corrective surgeries and inserted pin it has endured, my left foot is one size smaller that my right foot. My left foot is a size 11, and my right, a size 12.

Putting best foot forward is more than just figurative language to me


244. When you have a random hour of free time, what do you usually do?

Usually, it would revolve around this blog. I'd either write new entries, punch the keys with several notes, edit previous entries already written or on queue to be posted, or several housecleaning duties that comes with any blog.

If I'm not inspired to write or edit, an hour of either playing video games, catching up on news, or simply watching one of the many episodes of Ganglands or Big Bang Theory I have stored on the DVR.

245.What makes you weird?

Oh jees, what doesn't make me weird. I still enjoy Caprisuns. I still have wrestling matches with my pillows. And yeah...I still dress up as different characters I'd be if I were a wrestler. I always eat my pizza crust-first. I always wear socks, except for the obvious shower and my ventures on the beach and in water. At one point in my life, I always wore a hat including a phase where I always wore my hat backwards - not on purpose, but just by habit. I'm sure there are many more I'm forgetting. However, those who have lived with me probably can better answer this question.

246. If you could relive yesterday what would you do differently?

After finding one of the tag team partner's favorite places on earth in Trader Joe's in Long Island, we missed a turn and ended up getting a bit lost. I'd definitely should have taken control instead of following her directions.

For the record, my wife has a history of very dubious directions, which includes a classic tale of us once attempting to find the Getty Center in California through her directions. I'm sure she is reading this and laughing. A story I'll one day have to share with you DP devotees.
 
247. What do you do over and over again that you hate doing?

Can I say going to work? haha

Honestly, this might sound weird, but getting up early. I've never been a morning person. And as much as I have improved at it, I haven't liked it any more. 

248. Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent?

Easy - less attractive and extremely intelligent. Attractiveness is always a subjective criteria, but there is no debate or substitute for intelligence.

249. What white lies do you often tell?

Either small lies to program directors and athletic directors at work to get them to quit bugging me, or the opposite of any answer I know will cause my wife to worry excessively.

250. What is the biggest change you have made in your life in the last year?

The biggest change made in my life over the past year is to simply grow up. To prioritize the things in my life that are worth investing, and utilize my time in a more disciplined and productive way.

251. What do you understand today about your life that you did not understand a year ago?

I understand how much I've short changed myself over the years with a lack of confidence in certain situations. It takes a while for us all to develop certain area and characteristics that make us whole, and self-confidence is one aspect that has slowly been growing in for me over the past few years.

252. Whose life have you had the greatest impact on?

Oh wow, I'm not even sure how to answer this. I'm sure some of the kids I've had the opportunity to mentor or coach are candidates as well as some close friends. Maybe my wife? I'm not sure. 

The safest guess would have to be my parents. Sounds like an odd answer, but my life greatly impacts theirs, and I've done all that I could to make them proud while sharing with them the many missed opportunities and experiences that I have had the chance to live.

253. What did life teach you yesterday?

Considering I sat through a Board Meeting that included some of the highest ranking officials in New York City today at work, life taught me that money and power changes individuals, and often even disconnects them from reality.

And that often times, wealthy people have no imagination. 

254. Who impresses you?

There are so many people. Actors and actresses, and their ability to perform - most notably Theater performers. Professional athletes, because of their God-given talent to do things we all did as kids, except much better. Professional Wrestlers, because the time it takes to learn the craft, the grueling schedule it requires, and the often times, little respect it receives by some ignorant people. Mariano Rivera because he's such a remarkable, once-in-a-lifetime person. The President of the United States, whom ever it is. Community activist. The always-great stories of rags-to-riches or the self-made millionaires. Those were just off the top of my head. 

255. What have you done that you are not proud of?

Oh jees, where to start? Am I supposed to tell one story here? 

Either way, there are a ton stories growing up, from insulting people in Junior High School, to some of the stupid things I did (don't we all?) in college. 

With that said, this story just popped into my head. I once shoved a girl's face during recess in elementary school. I know what you're saying, you're an animal! While I am not proud of it, believe me, she deserved it, and had it coming.

256. When should you reveal a secret that you promised you wouldn’t reveal?

When it is effects someone that you care about, or if there is an option derived from the secret that can help remedy the situation.

257. How would you spend your ideal day?

I'd wake up at 8am. I'd head to the gym for a workout. I'd wash my car. I'd play a doubleheader of softball. Of course, if it's my ideal day, we would win both games. I'd have dinner with my wife at the Shake Shack. We would go to the Stadium for a Yankee Game with the Yankees destroying the Red Sox by twenty runs. Return home to see the Knicks win the NBA championship. And finally end the day by watching a movie with my wife.

Simple, very unlikely (especially Knicks championship), but very much me.

Recent Favorites

Dome Pondering Movie Review: The After (2023)

What is it about? In a short film, a grieving man confronts his past when he comes face-to-face with a passenger.  Who is in it? David Oyelowo - Dayo Jessica Plummer - Amanda Amelie Dokubo - Laura  Favorite Scene: It's an extremely short film, so...the final few moments.  Favorite Quote:  None. (not much dialogue) Review: This eighteen-minute masterpiece is amazing. You're absolutely taken on this ride of emotions that ultimately leaves you with a great realization of questioning what we value in life.  The lead character, in eighteen minutes, is powerful. His grief is carried through the film, exploding at the end. It very much leaves the viewer with so many questions - what was his life before the tragedy? What was his life after that moment? Did he ever reconnect with that family? Did he rediscover happiness?  Again, a very, VERY, powerful eighteen minutes that will jolt the heart, mind, and soul about life, what is important, and what we overvalue in its place.  Grade: 4/5

2024 NBA All-Star Weekend Thoughts

There's something wrong with the All-Star Game.  Yeah, we've definitely had this conversation before. Expect to pick up this very discussion (again) in July when Major League Baseball has their version in the "Mid-Summer Classic" when it is the ONLY current topic to bounce around in the stratosphere of sports discourse.  What's wrong with the All-Star Game?!  I'm not dismissing the obvious - yes, the NBA All-Star Game is very much at an alarming point of necessary refinement and change - evaluation is needed. What we saw on Sunday night was not disappointing, but outright embarrassing. Also yes, gone are the days when the game flooded your television screen at a respectable 6:30pm on NBC, and you were wowed by the athleticism and star power of the first half of the game, and treated to what felt like the world's best players playing pickup basketball on the grandest stage.  Now? Not so much. So yeah, we got the message. The outrage - and shock TV and hot t

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine.