Skip to main content

365 Thought Provoking Questions. Answered: #65-81

65. What is the difference between falling in love and being in love?

Falling in love is the beginning of that unique feeling of not being sure what to make of the situation. You enjoy being around the person (place or thing). It makes you smile,gives you those butterflies you feel in your stomach and causes those stuttering ridiculous comments you wish you never said out loud. 

Being in love is knowing it is the real deal. It's unconditional love through the hardships, annoyances, and wrong doings. It is providing support, respect, care, and affection at all times. 

66. Who do you think stands between you and happiness?

Myself. It may seem like a cop out answer, but only ourselves have the ability to create our own happiness. Unfortunately, as a society we place too much emphasis on external things to create our happiness such as wealth, materials, companionship, hobbies, family, friends, partying, etc...


More Thought Provoking Questions. Answered.


67. What is the difference between innocence and ignorance?

Innocence is honestly being unaware, unavailable and/or not knowing the truth of a situation. Ignorance, is having the means to seek the truth or having the truth, and blatantly choosing to ignore it. 

68. What is the simplest truth you can express in words?

For to me, to live is Christ. To die is gain - Philippians 1:21-30

69. What gives your life meaning?

God. My Wife. My Parents. My Friends. Love. Inspiration. Curiosity. Motivation.

70. Can there be happiness without sadness?  Pleasure without pain?  Peace without war?

No. In order to truly understand and appreciate a feeling, you must experience the complete opposite of that feeling. The greater the depth of experience, likewise the feeling on the other end of the spectrum.

71. What’s the one thing you’d like others to remember about you at the end of your life?

Simple, that I was awesome. I joke. I simply would like to be remembered as someone that did as much as he could to benefit others with what God gave him. 

72. Is there such a thing as perfect?

Yes. DP devotees and those who are close to me know my feelings on perfection. It is tied to my addiction/fascination/obsession with everything Friday Night Lights (book, movie, and television show). And if you didn't know, now you do. And also, simply take a look at the banner above. 

Anyhow, without further adieu, here is my definition of being perfect:

"Well I want you to understand something'. To me, being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship to yourself and your family and your friends.

Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn't let them down, because you told them the truth. And that truth is that you did everything that you could. There wasn't one more thing that you could've done.


Can you live in that moment, as best you can, with clear eyes and love in your heart? With joy in your heart?"


If you can do that gentlemen, then you're perfect.


Be Perfect."

73. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

None. I believe everything happens for a reason. If I truly controlled my life, I'd be a billionaire and playing baseball for the New York Yankees, regardless of how terrible I am. Oh yeah, I'd also headline Wrestlemania. 

So, ummm yeah, my life is definitely in God's hands.

74. What does it mean to be human?

To be scared. To be nervous. To be anxious. To be curious. To have emotion. If not of these apply, then you don't have a pulse, or as the question poses, may just be an extra terrestrial. 

75. If you looked into the heart of your enemy, what do you think you would find that is different from what is in your own heart?

Good question. I guess hate would be my first and most obvious choice. I'm not sure I have an enemy,  but if I do, it has to be hate and a lot of bitterness.

76. What do you love most about yourself?

Wow, I hate talking about myself, so this should be interesting to answer. And let the record show, I took about ten minutes staring at a blinking cursor attempting to answer this. 

and finally...

...drum roll please.

I love that I don't really care what people think about me. Never has been a problem. Somehow, I never cared, and I still don't. 

Yeah I know, quality heel-like tendencies. And for those of you who don't know, that's the "bad guy" in pro-wrestling. 

77. Where would you most like to go and why?

Australia. It just seems like the complete opposite of everything that I know. Different hemisphere. Different part of the world. Different climate. Different culture. Just everything about it 'mate. 

78. Is it more important to do what you love or to love what you are doing?

Love what you are doing. Anyone can do what they love, but to have a career and make a living and love it as well, that's a rarity. 

79. What do you imagine yourself doing ten years from now?

Homeowner. Father. Husband. And World Heavyweight Champion. Okay, obviously I was kidding about one of those things. Home ownership seems to be getting tougher as the years go on, at least here in NYC. 

80. What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?

Driving on the highway during rush hour, with my then first car, I sat in bumper-to-bumper stand still traffic. As I sat there a few mere miles away from my exit, the thermostat on my dashboard quickly went from the usual average standpoint into the red zone. In the following seconds, red lights came on, and my car began to sound like it suddenly became angry with the traffic and decided to throw a fit. It began to race, overheat, and eventually shut down. 

Not to the pleasure of those behind me, the three lane bumper-to-bumper traffic road would now need to squeeze into two lanes. 

As I stood in the middle of the road on my phone with my hood up and smoke billowing everywhere, a car suddenly came up the shoulder lane and eventually pulled up next to me. It was a young guy in a mechanic jumpsuit who claimed he drove ahead to see if he could give me a hand. After wiggling a few things and giving me sound sound advice on getting the car home or to my nearest mechanic, my car was up temporarily. With traffic now clearing up, the greasy angel from above then hopped back into his barely street-legal ride and sped off holding his hand out in farewell. 

Never got a name. Never got to say thank you. And although was very cautious of his purpose at first, it was the kindest gesture I was ever shown. Especially here in New York City.

81. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?

This answer is the same as #60 from earlier:

 "...coming home on a Friday afternoon from school to the smell of fresh fried bakes filling our apartment and calypso blaring in the living room. I'd enjoy a few bakes and maybe a hot dog, then go outside where I'd play either stick ball or softball with the neighborhood kids and the Tilden H.S. baseball team. Good times."

This captures everything I enjoyed as a kid. Before things become complicated. When ignorance was bliss and happiness was simple. 

Recent Favorites

Dome Pondering Movie Review: The After (2023)

What is it about? In a short film, a grieving man confronts his past when he comes face-to-face with a passenger.  Who is in it? David Oyelowo - Dayo Jessica Plummer - Amanda Amelie Dokubo - Laura  Favorite Scene: It's an extremely short film, so...the final few moments.  Favorite Quote:  None. (not much dialogue) Review: This eighteen-minute masterpiece is amazing. You're absolutely taken on this ride of emotions that ultimately leaves you with a great realization of questioning what we value in life.  The lead character, in eighteen minutes, is powerful. His grief is carried through the film, exploding at the end. It very much leaves the viewer with so many questions - what was his life before the tragedy? What was his life after that moment? Did he ever reconnect with that family? Did he rediscover happiness?  Again, a very, VERY, powerful eighteen minutes that will jolt the heart, mind, and soul about life, what is important, and what we overvalue in its place.  Grade: 4/5

2024 NBA All-Star Weekend Thoughts

There's something wrong with the All-Star Game.  Yeah, we've definitely had this conversation before. Expect to pick up this very discussion (again) in July when Major League Baseball has their version in the "Mid-Summer Classic" when it is the ONLY current topic to bounce around in the stratosphere of sports discourse.  What's wrong with the All-Star Game?!  I'm not dismissing the obvious - yes, the NBA All-Star Game is very much at an alarming point of necessary refinement and change - evaluation is needed. What we saw on Sunday night was not disappointing, but outright embarrassing. Also yes, gone are the days when the game flooded your television screen at a respectable 6:30pm on NBC, and you were wowed by the athleticism and star power of the first half of the game, and treated to what felt like the world's best players playing pickup basketball on the grandest stage.  Now? Not so much. So yeah, we got the message. The outrage - and shock TV and hot t

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine.