Skip to main content

The Unity Road Writings – Wedding or Wrestlemania?

192 Days to go.

This past weekend I decided to be a little proactive in the process of putting this wedding together. After all, I’ll be very honest, if there was a meter to decipher the amount of work put into making “9.24.11” into a special day, it would read something like this – 70% Tag Team Partner, 30% yours truly. Although, my tag-team partner has very much been excited in doing much of this work, I have held my own. However, honestly, I will never be able to match the level of interest and excitement she has in coordinating it all. She is definitely on a mission. Me? Well, just tell me when we’re boarding for the honeymoon.

So yes, regardless, it is a very embarrassing ratio. However, much to my credit, I have indeed been in every decision so far. Being proactive, well, that’s another story. So with that said, this past Saturday I decided to personally deliver some “Save The Dates” to a couple of my friends.

Ok, ok, not too difficult a task, but hey, it’s a start.


DPUnityRoad
Is this how everyone feels about 9.24.11?

Nonetheless, after personally delivering the card, the reactions from even my closest friends, who were amongst the first to know about our engagement, mirrored that of everyone else – unconditional excitement. Reactions ranged from huge smiles, big claps, approving shaking of the heads, and yes, even a huge bear hug. All reactions that displayed a form of happiness as if they were just let in on some type of secret society. Heck, as if they had found out they punched their bid to March Madness.


And after I delivered the final one and laid my head down on a pillow that night, I  realized that this Wedding is a much bigger deal than the nonchalant approach I’ve been taken thus far. Everyone who has received their “official ticket” have already begun talks of 9.24.11.



I’m bringing my “A” game
It’s the event we are waiting for
This is all we talk about…”
I can’t wait!

All of these quotes are in addition to the many talks of clothing choice, and let’s not forget, everyone’s claim to be losing weight just for 9.24.11. My favorite quote, “I’m going to be in peak shape for that day”.

Huh? What?

DPUnityRoad1
Yes, 'Taker, you can come as well!
I love the enthusiasm and I’m flattered we have such awesome support, but when did my wedding become Wrestlemania?

Along the way, somewhere, somehow, while I’ve been focusing on building a healthy marriage and becoming a better man to lead a household (and one day a family), this evolving ceremony and celebration, that I haven’t been closely monitoring, has now become a main attraction as well.

So suddenly, with-my-soon to be wife continuing her relentless interest, and an enormous supporting and growing contingent from our family, friends, and guests, I suddenly have developed a small fire of interest in 9.24.11.

Who knows? Maybe this week, I’ll take a look at some suits my Tag-Team partner has been urging me to take a look at.

Hey, if 9.24.11 is Wrestlemania, I too must be at my best.

After all, it hit me right before I shut my eyes for bed - I am the main event. Oh boy…

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -