1. Surprised Mother/Bride - I'm not one for sappy stories, but I am a sucker for a good story that reflects the circle of life, and the meaning of everything happening for a reason. Give this story a quick read - a mother who recently lost her son, has the recipient of her son's heart in a transplant show up at her wedding. Good stuff. Just good stuff.
2. MLB All-Star Break - The MLB hit it out of the park earlier this week with an amazing time that included an awesome Home Run Derby, and some shenanigans that made for a good All-Star Game.
2A. Aaron Judge - Kudos to the big man for not only going along with the budding hype, but adding some legitimacy to it with that Home Run Derby performance.
3. Roger Federer - Another Wimbledon Championship for the vet as he continues to hold off the young flock on the rise, yet continuing to add to an already super impressive legacy.
1. Donald Trump Jr. Situation - And...politics is back on the list. The continuing Russia probe and the constant shadiness with lawyers and such in the White House is annoying, concerning, and head scratching all in one. Certainly has been an interesting Presidency, and it's only been half a year.
2. Chris Christie and WFAN - Shame on WFAN for giving Chris Christie a "tryout" to replace Mike Francesa when the sports radio pioneer calls it quits this year. Also, Christie attacking callers was not "sports radio", it was ridiculous. Go fix Jersey, Christie. You know, your current full-time job.
3. FOXSPORTS.COM - In another step towards the death of journalism, FOX Sports let all of their writers go, including the super talented Ken Rosenthal. The website is now all video. Ugh.