1. Scooter Gennett - Yes, you probably already forgot his name if you didn't know it before. But Gennett put together one of the best games ever in the history of baseball hitting four home runs in one game for ten RBIs. Unbelievable.
2. Aaron Judge - Speaking of unbelievable, how amazing has this guy been? Judge's home run today that went 495 feet, and quite frankly, was a majestic shot worth staring in awe over, earned him this number two spot. Oh yeah, he also hit another one today. The kid is unreal.
3. Stanley Cup Finals - Rounding out a Sunday top three full of sports topics is the Stanley Cup Finals. Believe it or not, I watched them, was intrigued by them, and very much enjoyed them. It really was a lot of fun and I gained a new appreciation for the game of hockey.
1. Red Sox Commentator Jerry Remy - He apologized, and it happens, but it shouldn't. Remy's comment regarding Masahiro Tanaka and how he shouldn't be allowed a translator is the type of common place microaggression that still plague this country, and really, still arrogantly in baseball. "Learn baseball language", Remy said. Please, dude. Also, not surprising coming from Boston, where this stuff is always rampant.
2. Puerto Rico - Yes, today was the Puerto Rican Day parade here in NYC, but back on the island, natives voted (again!) for statehood. Unfortunately, only 28% of voters turned out to the polls. That's just a bad job by the country, who ought to start taking interest in what's next for them.
3. NBA Talking Heads - The Finals has produced some of the most ridiculous arguments and soundbytes. From Kevin Durant being the best player, to critics finding new (and creative) ways to find fault with LeBron James, to of course, the typical flip floppers in analysis. It's rather disgusting to see, read, and hear how many are so easily swayed from game to game.
1 Bad Look
1. NBA - What was that deal with Steve Kerr getting a technical that belonged to Draymond Green? The technical foul should have ejected Green from the game. Classic cover up that looks tremendously bad for the league.