1. "My Family's Slave" - I urge everyone to take the 20 minutes and read this piece in The Atlantic. An insight to slavery, the affect of how it dehumanizes someone, and the true and sad story of all the edges and truth around it. This piece bring slavery to a new personal feeling, and makes you think about how it still is happening in our country. A great read full of truth and emotion.
2. Aaron Judge - It's time I give this dude his props here on the SSR. He continues to mash, and yes, even today showed his value with the glove. Man, I am so excited for the Yankees future!
3. Ultimate X - Impact Wrestling's latest X-Division renaissance has been great, and is exactly what fans of the division, like myself, have been begging for years - focus! This past week's Ultimate X match was another example of the division's jump start.
1. Times Square Car Wreck - So incredibly sad that people are hurt and one person's life was snuffed out by this clown driving high off his rear end in the middle of Times Square. I've always thought Times Square should be off limits to cars, but really that's a moot point. In this situation, can we just lock this guy up and throw away the key. Moron.
2. Comey/Trump Fiasco - Look, this whole thing looks bad. This Presidency has been awkward since inauguration day. Unfortunately, those who support him will continue to point to "the media" excuse. Me? I'm over the whole "fake news" stuff. Both sides need to get over using excuses through the media. Really, this whole ordeal has been such a disaster five months in. Disaster.
3. NBA Playoffs - Boring. Truthfully, this whole entire NBA Season has been lame. And the NBA is typically my #2 in sports. But, like most, I'm just not a fan of the two super teams making their way through the playoffs, with the whole world waiting for the expected Finals matchup. Also, Kevin Durant telling fans "not to watch" if they are bored with the blowouts in the playoffs is the type of arrogance the league currently has. Not a fan. A terrible look for the NBA. Absolutely, terrible.