Skip to main content

Gone! My Special Fandom for TNA Wrestling


Betrayed is the first word that comes to mind when I currently think about TNA Wrestling, specifically, it's management. This post has nothing to do with the men and women who gave their all in the ring and behind the scenes to help TNA reach it's potential, or at the very least, a viable alternative in the pro wrestling marketplace to the WWE. 

This penned post is about the leadership, namely Dixie Carter, who has allowed a company that many supported for it's original philosophy to deteriorate drastically since 2010. The remarkable difference in status for TNA Wrestling since then measures a stark contrast, and after awhile, fan such as myself who have been there since night one, not just lose faith, but confidence, and eventually, interest. 

I understand the good she has done. TNA doesn't exist with out her. I know the story. I think every pro wrestling fan does. But the questionable business moves over the past few years, the lack of vision for the company, and overall, the continued steps backwards, has left me completely empty in the department of fan equity and overall, patience. 


The recent legal proceedings, for me at least, has revealed the shady practices in which TNA's current leadership has done business. And then you double down on the small things, such as the optics which surround the company - the website, the social media, the mere attempts to simply try to present a viable product, or at the very least, be real and honest with it's fans. All of it, is inexcusable. 

And now, following the legal decisions this past Monday, we receive news (via Facebook - I know, come on...) that they now have lost one of their biggest television deals in the UK. 

Ugh...oh, TNA Wrestling.

It's so hard supporting you, TNA! I have enough heartache in my life being a huge fan of the New York Knicks, but at least their stupidity is in trying. The neglect and negligence is my biggest hurdle as a fan of TNA. Dixie Carter used to tout "winning one fan over at a time", and over the past few years, I honestly felt like she's taken advantage of the core fanbase that has supported this company. 

All in all, I'm not walking away from TNA as I love pro wrestling. But, that special attention and support that I once had for the company - that special place in my heart that was dwindling and holding on to nostalgia of the past - all of it is now gone. Completely snuffed out like a gush of air across a lit candle within the last 48 hours. 

I wish the best for the company as TNA has (ironically, enough) the most entertaining television product on the air - go figure. But it's very difficult to attempt to invest in a foundation sitting on quicksand, and one that has leadership that refuses to put you first like it once did. 

To those early, spry and naive years of TNA, you were special. Pro Wrestling needs another revolution like you. 

Recently Read Posts

I Wore a Porzingis T-Shirt Today

The comments came all day long, and from everywhere.
"Nice shirt! Love me some Kristaps! If they trade him tonight, I tell you what, I'll help you chant 'Fire Phil'". 
"They better keep the Unicorn in New York."
"Hey, did they trade Porzingis? Please tell me they didn't trade KP!" 
These were some of the comments to come out of random conversations I had with complete and total strangers today as I rocked my Porzingis T-shirt jersey and some bright orange nike's. The move served as a therapeutic last ditch protesting effort to accentuating my (unfortunate) feelings for this basketball team representing this great and wonderful city. I'm with Porzingis. 
The first comment was made by the spry female usher guiding me to my seat at the Barclay's Center. The second was a thirteen year old boy who stood behind me on the Will Call line sparking a conversation of angst, frustration, and disappointment with the team we chose to suppor…

Turning Thirty-Two

Today, I turn thirty-two. There is just something odd about this age - like twenty-three was, or twenty-eight was, you know, the mile markers in between the rest stops - that just doesn't carry the super significance as 21 and 30 did. Although, at this stage of life, there are many mile markers, and those celebratory rest stops are much, much fewer in between. 
Though, it wasn't too long ago I passed a big one - thirty! And if you remember, I loved becoming AND being thirty. To be honest, I enjoyed being thirty-one, and really, thirty-two already seems kick-ass. Call me crazy, my thirties have been VERY enjoyable. 
But as I turn thirty-two, there isn't much significance in the number, but truly, it's about the changes in myself. Thirty was just two years away, and I am already better than that version of myself. This year marked ten years since I've graduated from college (Things I Would tell My college Self), and I am a much better version of myself compared to t…

The Pondering 10 - All-Time Favorite Championship Belts

With the WWE finally moving on from the ridiculousness that was the appearance of the WWE championship (Really, they kept a spinning title for eight years), and of course the unveiling the look of the title, it got the wheels turning on the best looks for championship belts. From pro wrestling, boxing (although, don't expect to see any on this list as they are usually ugly), and mixed martial arts, there are plenty of different models, types, and appearances that come with them. The following Pondering 10 list is my favorite all-time championship belts.

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 1/31/16

3 Up
1. Awesome Nurse - I'm not fan of snow, but I do think everyone should at least experience it. After all, it's fun as a kid. So, when Lucy, a 7 year old recovering from bone marrow transplant, as well as others in the hospital, were unable to play in the snow storm that hit the North East earlier this week, a nurse braved the cold and mess, and brought the snow in. Sometimes a kind act is more than a simple one. 
2. Angelique Kerber - Beating Serena Williams is no east feat. Beating Williams in the Australian Open final for the Australian championship - very difficult. Kerber pulled off the task. On top of that, she became a Grand Slam champion with the victory. 
3. Radio Hosts Owns Caller - Bigotry lives, and these days, it's coming to the point where people aren't hiding it anymore. Listen to this caller who calls all Muslims, "maggots", his reasoning for it, and how the host really shuts him down. 
3 Down
1. Kanye West/Amber Rose - I hate how our cultu…