Skip to main content

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 10/30/16

3 Up

1. Bullpen Use - I love this post season for how the philosophy of baseball bullpens are being used. In my opinion, the idea of labels is rather ridiculous other than "closer". Throw your best arms, even if it's your closer to win the game. Terry Francona and Joe Maddon are definitely managing that way, and it's fantastic to watch. I'm not ready for baseball to end. 

2. Moise Morancy - Give this dude some credit for standing up for a little girl who was being groped by a pervert on a New York City bus. Morancy stopped the man, apprehended him, and kept him at bay until NYPD arrive. Of course, the police placed him in handcuffs as well upon arriving (profile much, America?), but later let him go.

3. Manny Pacquiao - Apparently Pac Man has a fight coming up soon - not sure I'm interested. Boxing needs to do better, but that's for another post, at another time. Regardless, Pac using funds from his Mayweather purse to build homes for 1,000 poor individuals is awesome. 

3 Down

1. Hillary Clinton's E-mails - So apparently, the Department of Justice will reopen their investigation of Hillary Clinton's handling of, you know, "the e-mails". I'm not defending her, but I'm so sick of the things surrounding this election. Has anyone else really wrap their minds around the fact that election day is mere days away. Ugh. Not excited to vote at all. 

2. Roger Goodell - I can honestly say I have not watched one game of football this season. That might change, but I find no interest in the league lately, especially considering how shady the NFL really is. Look no further than his latest interview in which he attempts to defend domestic abuses cases in the NFL by stating "fans don't understand". Ugh...

3. Dixie Carter - The current majority of TNA Wrestling has mismanaged the company into the ground with some extremely shady practices. Tomorrow, the company's fate comes to ahead as a court will determine who will be given majority ownership. For me, I'm rooting for Billy Corgan. But, my guts tells me it's Carter. 

2 Unfortunate

1. Jose Fernandez Autopsy - It doesn't take away from the sudden loss or the moral of life's unpredictability that comes with it, but, hearing of cocaine and alcohol being a factor in the crash is troubling and well, so unfortunate. 

2. Cleveland Indians - The story is great, but how is no one questioning the ridiculous microaggression-filled name that is the "Indians". How about the Chief Wahoo logo? If it's my call, the franchise needs to lose it. 

Recently Read Posts

Dome Pondering Export - "TNA's Biggest Problem Is..."

After ten years of importing materials, words, pictures, and videos from other sites her for your viewing and for archiving, I never thought I'd get to the point where I'd be EXPORTING material out to other sites. Yes, the DP continues to grow, and yours truly had the kind opportunity to contribute a guest column to an awesome Pro Wrestling blog with a very large audience. The piece has since been very well received, and I hope to have the opportunity to do so in the future, and maybe even other sites and avenues as well. 
You can read the column here on the TNAsylum website (special thanks to them as well for posting), or the entire text below:

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 10/15/17

3 Up
1. Hollywood Victims - Much props to the many men and women who have taken the step in telling their story about sexual assault and being the victim of displays of power for sexual gain within Hollywood. It's tough, especially in such an unforgiving business like show business, but it takes guts to tell the truth - much respect to you all who did so.
2. Joe Girardi - Have you ever seen a more brutally honest manager or head coach during a playoff stretch? Girardi has been letting his soul bare on mistakes, feelings, lineups, results, decisions, his family, his time in New York, and anything and everything else. I have a feeling Girardi is walking away, after this season, and if he is, I'm glad he's doing it by just being him. 
3. Eminem - I've seen some new school fans insult Eminem and downplaying his ability. I'm still a fan. After all, no one - NO ONE - captures anger in their music like Em. No one. Still so captivating. And yes, his freestyle of President …

Goodbye Melo

I've wanted this for the Knicks, and today I got it.

Carmelo Anthony is no longer a New York Knick heading into the 17-18 NBA Season.

No, I don't dislike Melo. In fact, if you go through previous posts you'll know, I find Melo to be a very, very good player. However, I just thought it was time for the Knicks to move past this era, and truly - like, really - rebuild.

Most importantly, build around Kristaps Porzingis.

But, again, for me, I've always - ALWAYS - believed that Carmelo Anthony needed to be the #2 (or #3) guy on a team. Watching him night in and night out as a Knick, he just never seemed to be the type of guy who lifts those around him. Again, he's a tremendous player but the track record is there. I don't buy into the "he's never had much around him" argument.

Have you seen the Knicks roster in comparison to the rest of the Eastern Conference the last few years?

Dome Pondering Movie Review: Wonder Woman (2017)

What is it about?

When a pilot crashes into her world, Diana, an Amazonian Warrior, leaves home to help fight a war and fulfill her true destiny. 
Who is in it? 

Gal Gadot - Diana
Chris Pine - Steve Trevor