1. Surprise Car Gift - For me, this story gets the nod as the top "up" story. What a great story about the human spirit, the fallacies that in the conception that the lower class doesn't work hard, and the motivation of some to overcome the hand they were dealt in life. Please be sure to give it a read.
2. Baseball Hall of Fame - Much congratulations to Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza on being officially induced into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Well deserved, especially Griffey, who inspired so many kids in the 90's.
3. Baltimore Orioles Fans - Adding this "Up" for O's fans. I had hte privilege of visiting Camden yards again for another ball game. Orioles fans are terrific in their support of the team. When Jonathan Schoop receives a standing ovation for a sacrifice bunt, you know it's special. I'l follow with this, they definitely have New York fans beat.
1. Afghanistan Terrorism - Just so sick of this... While no attack is worst than the other, where was the urgency from the rest of the world for this attack?
2. Donald Trump Speech - I'm sure a portion of you will disagree, but that's politics. I find discussions to be healthy. For me, Trump's speech was downright disgusting. I was offended, and even more so worried that so many other agree with his statements built around fear, alienating minorities, and empty claims.
3. Melania Trump - Not looking to pile on the Trump campaign here, but the speech given by Melania Trump this week, clearly plagiarized from Michelle Obama was ridiculous. Though, I will give much props to Ivanka on a great speech. As I tweeted, students are expelled for such matters in higher education, but in the real world we give a pass? Shame on whomever approved that speech.