1. People of Orlando - I can't explain how awesome it was to see the people of Orlando in long lines just hours after the tragic events this weekend, ready and willing to give blood to help those who can still be saved. The human spirit is such a powerful thing, especially, in the face of such senselessness.
2. #BrockTurner - Social media can at times be annoying and the bearer of terrible things for our culture, but the hashtag brought to the forefront the story of the Standford Rape situation, and angered many, as it should.
3. Pitcher Home Run Derby - I like the idea of Madison Bumgarner showing some moxie and announcing his intent to get into the Home Run Derby. It's a different element, but one that is definitely intriguing.
1. Orlando Mass/Public Shootings - First it was the shooting that killed former voice contestant, Christine Gimmie, and then of course, it was the senesless tragedy at The Pulse nightclub. A lot for Orlando in the weekend, more deaths for us all to ponder about. When will this end?
2. Los Angeles Pride Parade Arrest - Hidden behind the obvious headline is this story of a man caught with firearms and explosives near the Santa Monica pride Parade. Who knows what his intentions were? This is all too ridiculous.
3. Brock Turner's Dad - This clown might be the scumbag of the year. "Twenty minutes of action", huh? Anyone notice not once - NOT ONCE! - did he mention or show compassion for the victim. Scumbag.