1. Kevin Reilly - A huge tip of the cap to Kevin Reilly who in the midst of a huge construction crane being whipped about by 40mph freakish winds in lower Manhattan, was able to react quickly and with poise by directing the falling crane into the streets. IF not for his actions, the crane was headed for many nearby buildings. It should be noted, the one casualty was indeed a man who was crushed to death who was on his way to work. A tragic and tough situation, but Reilly potentially saved the lives of many.
2. Lionel Messi - These are the types of stories we all wish we saw more of from our top athletes in the world. After a picture of an Afghan boy in blue and white striped plastic bag with "Messi 10" written all over it went viral over social media (the bag attempting to replicate the Argentinian's national jersey), Messi has agreed to meet the young boy. So awesome. Hopefully, he gets him a real jersey as well.
3. Peyton Manning - It's hard for anyone to not to feel happy for Peyton Manning tonight as he won his second Super Bowl. Especially, under the circumstances that he has dealt with this past year. It's most likely the last hurrah, but what a way to go out! OMAHA!!!
1. Flint Water Crisis Negligence - The more we hear about the truth and effects of the Flint water crisis, the more disgusting it is to comprehend. For me, the worst part is reading that for a mere extra $9,000 in the budget per year, Flint officials could have provided clean water for the town. $9,000!! Now they'll spend Billions to clean up this mess. On top of that, the GM plant in the area was the only place to receive clean water. Messed up, right? This has Erin Brokovich all over it. Are our elected officials that awful? My goodness...
2. Bret Hart Cancer - A childhood favorite as well as my favorite wrestler of all-time, Bret Hart, announced this week that he had, and will be fighting prostate cancer. Here is to hoping he forces cancer to tap out! Maybe even slapping it in a sharpshooter! All the best in beating that ugly disease, Hitman!
3. Johnny Manziel's Circle - Finally, beating your girlfriend and threaten her life is an easy nod for one of the "downs" of the week. However, I want to slap Manziel's family and friends with this week's down for waiting this long before attempting to curtail his problems. There were obviously signs of this, but it seemed the cash and fame cow were too large to risk bringing it up. I hope Manziel gets the help he needs. Forget football, this young man's current situation and life is much bigger than any roster spot right now.