1. Slam Dunk Contest - Wow! Who knew this event still had the magic? Zach LeVine and Aaron Gordon proved that the contest isn't about props, gimmicks, and showmanship as some wanted it to be about as of late, but simply pure athleticism and creativity. Kudos to both on an excellent show.
2. Daniel Bryan - It's always tough to see such promising careers cut short, but with what we know about head injuries and concussions, Bryan's retirement was for the best. Thanks again for entertaining all of us crazy pro wrestling fans.
3. Sage Steele - Not a fan of ESPN and most of their talking heads, but kudos to Sage Steele who cut short a political response by Win Butler, yet still didn't make it awkward. Professionally done. Great job.
1. Jenrry Mejia - Moron. Idiot. Dummy. To be the first player - EVER - to be suspended for life after three failed drug tests is just utterly stupid. To be suspended for the same drug twice? Dumb. And yes, to be caught for a drug that is taken by animals and is easily detected because of it's raw strength - idiotic. This just seemed too dumb to be true, but it's not, which makes it more disappointing.
2. Arizona High School Murder/Suicide - These mass shootings and mass-suicides continue to be troubling. Our youth today has some serious issues. It's downright troubling.
3. Cam Newton Backlash - Can we give the guy a break? Seriously? He made a mistake in walking away - a lot of athlete s learn from these situations. No need to run the guy into the ground, especially a week after everyone seemed to be caught up in the dab craze. He made a mistake. He apologized. Lets move on.