1. Jake Arrieta - I'm sorry, but Jon Lester is no longer the ace of the staff. Arrieta is the big gun for the Chicago Cubs moving forward, and throwing a no hitter against the Dodgers on Sunday Night Baseball is proof of that.
2. Class of 2019 - As someone who works in collegiate athletics and very much tied to the higher learning environment, college campuses across the nation welcomed the new class of 2019 (crazy!) this past week. Good luck to the new freshmen and the impending future of this nation/world!
3. Toronto Blue Jays - I hate to say it as a die hard Yankees fan, but these boys are rollin'! And of course, Canada, yes the entire nation, has adopted this team as their own and have supported them with enough energy to make them a tough out in the coming weeks, and possibly come playoff time.
1. Virginia Shootings - How sick have we become as a culture where shootings on live television are now our reality. We can't even trust the fact that we are safe in our work environments, or from our fellow coworkers, or former coworkers. So sad. My prayers and thoughts to the families, friends, and loved ones of the victims.
2. ISIS Destroying Temples - This crew is out of control, and has now caused a migration problem in Europe for those fleeing in terror, and of course, the destruction of many historic sites. Disgusting.
3. New York Daily News - Shame on the NY Daily News for using the still images of the suspect's recording of the murder as their front page. It's an absolute shame what now stands for "journalism". I've taken a personal indefinite boycott from the newspaper - such a garbage, and disrespectful act.
1 Truly Unfortunate
1. Atlanta Fan Dies - Unfortunate is the only way to put it for the longtime season Atlanta Braves ticket holder who died when he fell over the upper deck booing Alex Rodriguez. Such a freak accident, and again, so unfortunate.