Skip to main content

Dome Pondering Movie Review: Fantastic Four (2015)

What is it about? 

Four very intelligent scientists discover the way to another dimension and decide to follow through on their own discovery instead of handing it off to another explorer. They end up receiving physical changes and powers in which they must learn to harness in order to save earth from one of their own who is looking to destroy it. 

Who is in it?

Miles Teller - Reed Richards

Michael B. Jordan - Johnny Storm

Kate Mara - Sue Storm

Favorite Scene: 

After exploring the other dimension, the four then run into a problem which forces them to hurry back to earth, even leaving behind one of their own. 

Favorite Quote: 

"I just want my work to make a difference"

Review: 

A lot of my close friends like to get on my anti-movie theater streak, which by the is now closing in on nine years. Yes, nine years! An it's movies like Fantastic Four which justify my choice to watch movies in a more cost efficient way. Quite frankly, there are so many big budget, highly marketed movies that aren't worth the money, and Fantastic Four is one of them. 

Luckily, I caught this film on a flight, so it killed some time, but boy was I disappointed. The plot of the film was ultra basic, the depth of the characters were very shallow, and overall, I felt like it was a simple introductory film to what should be the real ones to come. 

The plot of the Fantastic Four is a great one and should and could make for a ummm, yes, a fantastic series. It can rebound ad save a potential series with an outstanding sequel. Until that comes, this film will be the standard barrier which is just awful. 

Watch this one of if you need to kill time...such as being stuck on a flight. 

Grade: 1.5/5

Recently Read Posts

Unpacking Thoughts on Charlottesville

This weekend has been exhausting. Despite the constant systemic injustice that is the United States of America, it's a moment like this weekend that is delivered and must be unpacked and discussed carefully in the pursuit of social justice - justice that is long deserved. 
There is plenty wrapped up in everything that is Charlottesville, Virigina. This is deep, spans back to the beginning of this nation, and is a result of current times as well. 
I'm still decompressing it all. Here are a few quick thoughts as I too wrap my mind, my emotions, and my intellect and rationale around it:

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 8/13/17

3 Up
1. Los Angeles Dodgers - In a rough week where the real world just crushes us, the dominance of the Dodgers is one that leaves us in awe, and can take us out into something great for a few minutes. 
2. Derek Jeter The Owner - Is there anything that Derek Jeter loses at? The Captain is now part owner of the Miami Marlins, and get this - will be the first owner and CEO of color within MLB. That's HUGE. 
3. Married at 98 - These two are getting married at 98 (He's 94). How about they both workout at the gym twice-a-week, and met there. So cool in so many ways. Good for them! 
3 Down
1. Charlottesville - So many layers to this story. Hate. History. The ridiculous response from our President. And the apparent shock some in this country have that people are out there who still have this ideology. Point blank, this was terrorism. 
2. Trump and North Korea - Just before Charlottesville, Trump talked tough for absolutely no reason in a back-and-forth that unfortunately effects hund…

Pondering Picture #81

An establishment cannot uphold systemic injustice, and attempt to condemn it, simultaneously.

My prayers (and of course my thoughts...so many thoughts) are with Charlottesville, Virgina, and the many people of color who have endured through these scenes and images over the course of history.

Dope Sports Threads - MLB Player's Weekend Gear

I love everything about MLB Player's Weekend. From the moment it was rumored way back over the winter, I have been anticipating the announcements of what I feel is baseball finally - FINALLY - looking to modernize itself. Well, at least just a bit. Baby steps.

While I love MLB Uniforms and the tradition that comes with them, I do get annoyed with the over-abundance and wacky uniforms we see from the NBA. With that said, I like the idea of keeping this to one weekend. Where it becomes sort of a spectacle. And it is thus far.

Ultimately, I like that players are getting more say so in changing the antequated mentality that baseball currently has here in the States. Regardless, I'm sure most have seen the names, the uniforms and the gear. Here are my thoughts on the ones that caught my eye: