1. Adele - Hello....I'm Sorrrrrry! Gosh, Adele is such a throwback to when artists made music that truly inspired, and you know, took time to make their albums. Quality over quantity. Imagine that? Her first single was released this week and I'm already awaiting the album. I just can't get the single out of her head.
2. Protests of and through Football - If you read this blog, you know I'm not a big football fan. In fact, as I get older, the more I move away from the game. I actually find the importance we place on the game (and pardons given) in this country to be horrifying. Yet, kudos to Wendi Nix who poignantly made comments in regards to the NFL and Greg Hardy, as well as the University of Missouri football players who are protesting by not playing until the school President is removed for his inaction against racism on campus.
3. MLS Playoffs - How awesome hve the MLS playoffs been this weekend? Especially that insane Seattle Sounders/FC Dallas game? Here is to hoping the long layoff doesn't affect the momentum.
1. Possible Bombed Russian Plane - Ugh...The thought that officials are coming to the conclusion that the downed Russian passenger jet which tragically broke apart over Egypt last week could have been a bomb more so leans towards the initial celebration of the ISIS group who took responsibility for it immediately. Gosh, so sickening! Such wickedness in this world...
2. Evangelical Starbucks Protest - Obviously, I'm a Christian. I've never held that in an ambiguous or non-disclosed way on this site. However, some of these Christian and evangelical groups who are attacking Starbucks for the new "Holiday" design cups need to chill. It's reasons such as this which continue to divide us from many today. Seriously, they're just cups! Who cares?!
3. Seth Rollins Injury - This was difficult to read as Seth Rollins was having such a great year for the WWE. Rollins, an absolute workhorse, was in the middle of a big year, and now is out for the next 8-9 months. Tough break for the WWE, for Rollins, and more so, for all of us pro wrestling fans.