1. Brave Victim - We use the word "courage" so freely these days that the meaning has lost it's value. Courage is this 13 year old rape victim who not only helped the police to find the suspect, but also testified in court in helping place the suspect in jail forever. That is courage. Well done.
2. ISIS Hostage Rescue - Good to see our forces, along with allies. saved 70 hostages who were facing imminent execution from the scum that is ISIS.
3. New York Mets - The new toast of New York City, the National League Champions are riding high into the biggest stage in baseball with a rotation that is very, very unbelievable.
1. Slain NYPD Cop - What a shame. It's so disheartening to see the men and women who risk their lives everyday gunned down for no reason. And shame on some "protesters" who took to the streets protesting the police shortly thereafter. Not the time. Such a terrible situation.
2. Flip Saunders - In a month where there is heightened cancer awareness, it's tough to see NBA Coach, Flip Saunders, pass away from cancer at the young age of 60. He was recently diagnosed, only to see his life and battle cut so short, so quickly.
3. University of Louisville Basketball - This situation is just one of the many reasons in why I dislike Division I Basketball and Football. The Louisville program should be ashamed of it's moral compass and ethical standards. And yes, I do believe Coach Pitino knew.