1. Daniel Murphy - Is there another athlete on the planet right now hotter than Daniel Murphy? A big home run off of Kershaw, Greinke, and Arrieta? Yup, that's clutch. The Mets are running towards the World Series in a year than feels like fate is theirs, and Murphy is leading the way.
2. Scott Van Pelt - I barely watch ESPN anymore, if at all, but I did see SVP's comments on the media coverage regarding Lamar Odom's recent situation. I completely agree with Van Pelt - when did Odom become a "reality star"? Odom is a talented basketball player whose personal demons go well beyond his link to the Kardashians. Please, stop making this - like everything - about the Kardashians.
3. Jose Bautista's Bat Flip - As stated earlier this week, I absolutely loved the bat flip by Bautista. Baseball needs more individuality in it, and less of this ridiculous "unwritten rules" nonsense.
1. Lamar Odom Coverage - I touched on this briefly in the "up" section, it's a shame how the Lamar Odom coverage has been handled. From Kardashians and herbal Viagra, to the owner of the brothel soaking up the publicity, this has been ugly. This should be about Odom and helping him, not another situation many are looking to see on an upcoming reality show episode.
2. H.S. Football Death - Another death in High School football. So sad. Upon hearing of the details, it's even harder to fathom. Again, so sad.
3. Democratic Debate - What a disastahhhhh! The first democratic debate was filled with awkward individual moments, and also set the Dem party back in several ways.The next debate will need plenty of damage control and change of image to erase this one.