Skip to main content

My Concern For The 2015 New York Mets


The New York Mets are in the World Series. 

Those are words that seem awfully strange and foreign for this Yankees die hard, especially, after the run that I've been fortunate to witness and experience in my thirty years on God's green earth. Nonetheless, I would like to congratulate the Mets, especially, their fanbase on what has been a very fun run. 

To be honest, I'm not rooting for the Mets, nor am I rooting against them. It is what it is. They deserve the city's adulation as well as the stage they are about to take. 

Quite frankly, the Mets, even before this playoff run were very entertaining. As much as it hurts to admit, they have been playing a more entertaining brand of baseball than my boys have been this year. They have an awesome pitching staff, youth, and a style of baseball that wasn't seen from the pinstripers. But, whatevs. Oddly enough, this was a weird rebuilding year for the Yanks. I'll take that when it comes with a Wild Card berth.

Regardless, what I really wanted to acknowledge are the bandwagon fans. Ahhhh yes, it's been awhile since I've touched base on this topic. As I've gotten older, these people typically don't bother me as much anymore, but lately, I feel for Mets fans. You know, the real ones.

There have been a lot of Mets hats and gear around NYC lately, and plenty of new Mets fans suddenly coming out of no where. Of course, I've seen this already with plenty of fair weather Yankees fans over the years, who I am sure have jumped ship and are now donning orange and blue. I've seen too many supposed fans suddenly claiming to be "New York" fans. They're not as bad as the sudden Cubs fans (these folks need to be ashamed of themselves), but it's still terrible. 

I guess I wonder, how in the world do bandwagon fans sleep at night? 

I refuse to acknowledge those "fans", but to the real Mets fans who have been there through the VERY, VERY lean years - best of luck starting on Tuesday in the World Series. Enjoy it. It's a great time, and in my opinion, the start of some very exciting years with that young pitching staff to come. Just prepare to deal with the sudden overload on the Mets bandwagon. There will be plenty of new faces aboard, if not already. 

Believe me, I've been there, and it's very, very, very annoying. 

Recently Read Posts

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 10/15/17

3 Up
1. Hollywood Victims - Much props to the many men and women who have taken the step in telling their story about sexual assault and being the victim of displays of power for sexual gain within Hollywood. It's tough, especially in such an unforgiving business like show business, but it takes guts to tell the truth - much respect to you all who did so.
2. Joe Girardi - Have you ever seen a more brutally honest manager or head coach during a playoff stretch? Girardi has been letting his soul bare on mistakes, feelings, lineups, results, decisions, his family, his time in New York, and anything and everything else. I have a feeling Girardi is walking away, after this season, and if he is, I'm glad he's doing it by just being him. 
3. Eminem - I've seen some new school fans insult Eminem and downplaying his ability. I'm still a fan. After all, no one - NO ONE - captures anger in their music like Em. No one. Still so captivating. And yes, his freestyle of President …

Dome Pondering Export - "TNA's Biggest Problem Is..."

After ten years of importing materials, words, pictures, and videos from other sites her for your viewing and for archiving, I never thought I'd get to the point where I'd be EXPORTING material out to other sites. Yes, the DP continues to grow, and yours truly had the kind opportunity to contribute a guest column to an awesome Pro Wrestling blog with a very large audience. The piece has since been very well received, and I hope to have the opportunity to do so in the future, and maybe even other sites and avenues as well. 
You can read the column here on the TNAsylum website (special thanks to them as well for posting), or the entire text below:

Dome Pondering Movie Review: Wonder Woman (2017)

What is it about?

When a pilot crashes into her world, Diana, an Amazonian Warrior, leaves home to help fight a war and fulfill her true destiny. 
Who is in it? 

Gal Gadot - Diana
Chris Pine - Steve Trevor

Damn, I Love This Team

Damn. I love this team. 
I don't know what it is, or what spurred this immediate attachment in Spring Training, but I just do. Maybe it was the idea of hope and all of the wonders and excitement it brings. You know, when your squad finally ditches the old expensive brigade and gives the keys to the prospects we've been hearing about. 
Maybe that was it. 
Or, maybe it was the excitement produced by Gary Sanchez just the year before. And the near-miss of the playoffs the team teased the year prior. 
Or...maybe it was just the idea of dancing around the word "rebuilding" and having no (not low) expectations for the 2017 season. Quite frankly, we were playing with house cards, and that's a fun position to be in as a fan. 
Of course, Judge happened (Sooooooo much fun). And it happened 52 times - really 53 if we count that one home run that didn't get counted and was ruled a triple. But whose counting? 
And one of my favorites in David Robertson returned in pinstr…