Skip to main content

2015 Bucket List #4: Eat at Chick-Fil-A


Yeah, the bucket lists agenda is exactly as it reads. Sure, for many of you, eating at Chick-Fil-A is normal, something that is just a part of your everyday lives. However, for this New Yorker, all I ever hear from Southerners is how awesome the chain is. 

For years, the only Chick-Fil-A store in all of New York was one within the New York University food court. As a employee of NYU, many have urged me to simply just take advantage of my connections and use the proximity to try the fast food chain. I declined, as I wanted the experience to not be a modified one, but the real thing.

Yes folks, I'm talking fast food experience. 


A real Chik-Fil-A restaurant recently opened up here in New York City, but of course, that one is already overwhelmed all hours of the day. 

So after a day out in New Jersey with the wife, where apple picking, hiking, and other randomness in Jersey occurred, we noticed Chik-Fil-A was nearby, and decided to give it a try.

Of course, my first thought was this - "why in the world is there such a big parking lot for fast food?" And then I took a look at the drive-thru line which was ten cars deep, and the line for the restaurant that filed out of the entrance door and realized it was indeed necessary.



As someone who thoroughly believes in healthy living and wellness, fast food is not part of my diet, and is rarely, if ever, something I endorse. But this was Chick-Fil-A. You know, the place that many say you HAVE to try. 

After a long wait, I decided to go with the classic chicken sandwich with a salad on the side (obviously), and a treat - a vanilla milkshake. Honestly, the food was okay. Better than most typical fast food, but I would still select other options over it if needed. Maybe I missed what I was supposed to experience, or maybe I was wrapped up in the other things that made my Chick-Fil-A experience a good one - cleanliness and the customer service. 

The customer service from the staff was just so, so - well, unlike any other fast food order experience I've ever had. The staff was so nice, so polite, and so helpful. Imagine that? From the experience of the staff there, I wouldn't mind going back. Sometimes, the way you're treated in an establishment surpasses the actual product of the establishment. 

All in all, I can now cross this off my list of things to accomplish in life. 

Recently Read Posts

Dope Sports Threads - MLB Player's Weekend Gear

I love everything about MLB Player's Weekend. From the moment it was rumored way back over the winter, I have been anticipating the announcements of what I feel is baseball finally - FINALLY - looking to modernize itself. Well, at least just a bit. Baby steps.

While I love MLB Uniforms and the tradition that comes with them, I do get annoyed with the over-abundance and wacky uniforms we see from the NBA. With that said, I like the idea of keeping this to one weekend. Where it becomes sort of a spectacle. And it is thus far.

Ultimately, I like that players are getting more say so in changing the antequated mentality that baseball currently has here in the States. Regardless, I'm sure most have seen the names, the uniforms and the gear. Here are my thoughts on the ones that caught my eye:

Unpacking Thoughts on Charlottesville

This weekend has been exhausting. Despite the constant systemic injustice that is the United States of America, it's a moment like this weekend that is delivered and must be unpacked and discussed carefully in the pursuit of social justice - justice that is long deserved. 
There is plenty wrapped up in everything that is Charlottesville, Virigina. This is deep, spans back to the beginning of this nation, and is a result of current times as well. 
I'm still decompressing it all. Here are a few quick thoughts as I too wrap my mind, my emotions, and my intellect and rationale around it:

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 8/13/17

3 Up
1. Los Angeles Dodgers - In a rough week where the real world just crushes us, the dominance of the Dodgers is one that leaves us in awe, and can take us out into something great for a few minutes. 
2. Derek Jeter The Owner - Is there anything that Derek Jeter loses at? The Captain is now part owner of the Miami Marlins, and get this - will be the first owner and CEO of color within MLB. That's HUGE. 
3. Married at 98 - These two are getting married at 98 (He's 94). How about they both workout at the gym twice-a-week, and met there. So cool in so many ways. Good for them! 
3 Down
1. Charlottesville - So many layers to this story. Hate. History. The ridiculous response from our President. And the apparent shock some in this country have that people are out there who still have this ideology. Point blank, this was terrorism. 
2. Trump and North Korea - Just before Charlottesville, Trump talked tough for absolutely no reason in a back-and-forth that unfortunately effects hund…

Pondering Picture #81

An establishment cannot uphold systemic injustice, and attempt to condemn it, simultaneously.

My prayers (and of course my thoughts...so many thoughts) are with Charlottesville, Virgina, and the many people of color who have endured through these scenes and images over the course of history.