Skip to main content

Pondering Picture #58


Chillin' in Chicago for a few days. A beautiful city which I now root for among all of it's political and social issues.

Recently Read Posts

I Wore a Porzingis T-Shirt Today

The comments came all day long, and from everywhere.
"Nice shirt! Love me some Kristaps! If they trade him tonight, I tell you what, I'll help you chant 'Fire Phil'". 
"They better keep the Unicorn in New York."
"Hey, did they trade Porzingis? Please tell me they didn't trade KP!" 
These were some of the comments to come out of random conversations I had with complete and total strangers today as I rocked my Porzingis T-shirt jersey and some bright orange nike's. The move served as a therapeutic last ditch protesting effort to accentuating my (unfortunate) feelings for this basketball team representing this great and wonderful city. I'm with Porzingis. 
The first comment was made by the spry female usher guiding me to my seat at the Barclay's Center. The second was a thirteen year old boy who stood behind me on the Will Call line sparking a conversation of angst, frustration, and disappointment with the team we chose to suppor…

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 6/18/17

3 Up
1. Father's Day - Shout out to all of the father's out there who make so many sacrifices to help raising and mentor tomorrow's generation. Thank you for all that you do. 
2. How to Think About Bill Cosby... - A recent article in the New York Times discusses and opined on an issue facing many - navigating enjoying "The Cosby Show" and the recent development surrounding Bill Cosby. As a big fan of the show myself, the piece is extremely good, and touches on some interesting tidbits we ought to keep in mind regarding the show. 
3. America's Generosity - According to recent reports, Americans donated over $390 Billion to charity in 2016. In the face of all the negativity we see in the news each day, it's refreshing to hear of such generosity in our nation. 
3 Down
1. United States Sailors - Such a tragedy to hear of the U.S. Sailors found dead upon a ship that collided with another off the shores of Japan. After being missing, the bodies were found earlie…

Turning Thirty-Two

Today, I turn thirty-two. There is just something odd about this age - like twenty-three was, or twenty-eight was, you know, the mile markers in between the rest stops - that just doesn't carry the super significance as 21 and 30 did. Although, at this stage of life, there are many mile markers, and those celebratory rest stops are much, much fewer in between. 
Though, it wasn't too long ago I passed a big one - thirty! And if you remember, I loved becoming AND being thirty. To be honest, I enjoyed being thirty-one, and really, thirty-two already seems kick-ass. Call me crazy, my thirties have been VERY enjoyable. 
But as I turn thirty-two, there isn't much significance in the number, but truly, it's about the changes in myself. Thirty was just two years away, and I am already better than that version of myself. This year marked ten years since I've graduated from college (Things I Would tell My college Self), and I am a much better version of myself compared to t…

The Pondering 10 - All-Time Favorite Championship Belts

With the WWE finally moving on from the ridiculousness that was the appearance of the WWE championship (Really, they kept a spinning title for eight years), and of course the unveiling the look of the title, it got the wheels turning on the best looks for championship belts. From pro wrestling, boxing (although, don't expect to see any on this list as they are usually ugly), and mixed martial arts, there are plenty of different models, types, and appearances that come with them. The following Pondering 10 list is my favorite all-time championship belts.