1. Cornerstone University - After what started out as an idea, the Cornerstone University new baseball field has dorms built into the stadium allowing their players to literally live at the baseball field. This my friends, is so, so, so, so awesome! I hope many other smaller school follow this trend.
2. Mayweather vs. Pacquiao - Well, we can gripe about this being too late and that how the sport of boxing treats it's fans, but we'll just be happy this gets done. It'll be the highest grossing boxing event ever. And it should be intriguing. I'm also calling it now, we'll probably get a rematch somewhere down the line.
3. Customized NFL Helmets - I'm such a sucker for sport uniforms and equipment. These latest customized helmets done by Deeyung Entertainment are pretty interesting. Not a fan of all of them, but many of them are really cool.
1. New York Knicks/Carmelo Anthony - What a mess! From having your franchise player play in the all-star game when he needs surgery, to delaying said surgery until it affects your next season, the Knicks and Carmelo Anthony are a complete and utter mess. And oh yeah, the team's on-the-court product stinks. I can't honestly say the last time I've watched a game.
2. Sterling Gibbs - I know kid do stupid things at times, but the elbow Gibbs threw was uncalled for and unnecessary.
3. Anderson Silva - Silva, once heralded as a prized fighter, now busted for PEDs. The issue is becoming a growing problem for MMA, and you have to wonder, how many other sports that haven't been as strict as baseball currently have, or will have, the same problem.