Skip to main content

The IF Factor: Questions Answered #461-470

461. If you could leave only one existing book for the world to have five hundred years from now, which book would you leave?

My obvious answer would be the Bible. Timeless stuff. However, I'm pretty confident in the Bible being around 500 years from now. I guess I will go with either Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger or The End of Racism by Dinesh D'Souza. 

462. If you just learned that tomorrow morning you were to be permanently exiled from your country and could take three things with you, what would they be?

Wow. Harsh. I guess my wife. My laptop. And my passport? 

463. If you could start a new rock band, what would you name it?

Half Game Back. I don't know, whatever it is, I'm sure it would be around sports. 

464. If you could have a servant come to your house everyday for one hour, what would you have them do?

Cook. I like to cook, but only once in a while. Having a cook for the daily grind would be awesome. I'll take care of the cleaning and washing, and everything else still. Coming home to meals either prepared or just needed to be warmed up would be amazing. 

465. If you were to have your portrait painted, what would you choose as the setting?

The Beach. Sitting or standing on the beach, relaxing. Probably pondering. 

466. If you could, in retrospect, thank one teacher you had in school for what they taught you, who would it be, and what would you thank them for?

A professor in college for giving me the confidence that I needed for my career, and for challenging me and thus bringing out abilities, talents, and most of all, making me realize the unique qualities that I possess. And of course, to embrace those qualities.

467. If you had to pick the worst television series ever made, what would win?

Honestly, anything that is reality television. I don't mean the good ones like Amazing Race or Cops. I'm talking the fake reality shows like Real Housewives and such. 

Since I have to pick one, I'll go with Jersey Shore. I still have zero idea why that became popular. 

468. If you could make a film from any book never produced as a film, what book would you pick?

Seeing as I'm currently reading it as of this writing, "Native Son" by Richard Wright. The story would make for a great film, especially if done and directed correctly. 

469. If you could change one thing to make life easier for your children, what would you do?

Anything? Does remove ignorance count? If we're being rather realistic, I would say changing the outlook on life prospectus for them. Obviously, providing opportunities for them that I didn't have or take.

470. If you could achieve absolute success in only one area of your life, what would you want it to be?

Faith. Everything else falls into place afterwards. 

Recently Read Posts

I Wore a Porzingis T-Shirt Today

The comments came all day long, and from everywhere.
"Nice shirt! Love me some Kristaps! If they trade him tonight, I tell you what, I'll help you chant 'Fire Phil'". 
"They better keep the Unicorn in New York."
"Hey, did they trade Porzingis? Please tell me they didn't trade KP!" 
These were some of the comments to come out of random conversations I had with complete and total strangers today as I rocked my Porzingis T-shirt jersey and some bright orange nike's. The move served as a therapeutic last ditch protesting effort to accentuating my (unfortunate) feelings for this basketball team representing this great and wonderful city. I'm with Porzingis. 
The first comment was made by the spry female usher guiding me to my seat at the Barclay's Center. The second was a thirteen year old boy who stood behind me on the Will Call line sparking a conversation of angst, frustration, and disappointment with the team we chose to suppor…

Turning Thirty-Two

Today, I turn thirty-two. There is just something odd about this age - like twenty-three was, or twenty-eight was, you know, the mile markers in between the rest stops - that just doesn't carry the super significance as 21 and 30 did. Although, at this stage of life, there are many mile markers, and those celebratory rest stops are much, much fewer in between. 
Though, it wasn't too long ago I passed a big one - thirty! And if you remember, I loved becoming AND being thirty. To be honest, I enjoyed being thirty-one, and really, thirty-two already seems kick-ass. Call me crazy, my thirties have been VERY enjoyable. 
But as I turn thirty-two, there isn't much significance in the number, but truly, it's about the changes in myself. Thirty was just two years away, and I am already better than that version of myself. This year marked ten years since I've graduated from college (Things I Would tell My college Self), and I am a much better version of myself compared to t…

The Pondering 10 - All-Time Favorite Championship Belts

With the WWE finally moving on from the ridiculousness that was the appearance of the WWE championship (Really, they kept a spinning title for eight years), and of course the unveiling the look of the title, it got the wheels turning on the best looks for championship belts. From pro wrestling, boxing (although, don't expect to see any on this list as they are usually ugly), and mixed martial arts, there are plenty of different models, types, and appearances that come with them. The following Pondering 10 list is my favorite all-time championship belts.

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 1/31/16

3 Up
1. Awesome Nurse - I'm not fan of snow, but I do think everyone should at least experience it. After all, it's fun as a kid. So, when Lucy, a 7 year old recovering from bone marrow transplant, as well as others in the hospital, were unable to play in the snow storm that hit the North East earlier this week, a nurse braved the cold and mess, and brought the snow in. Sometimes a kind act is more than a simple one. 
2. Angelique Kerber - Beating Serena Williams is no east feat. Beating Williams in the Australian Open final for the Australian championship - very difficult. Kerber pulled off the task. On top of that, she became a Grand Slam champion with the victory. 
3. Radio Hosts Owns Caller - Bigotry lives, and these days, it's coming to the point where people aren't hiding it anymore. Listen to this caller who calls all Muslims, "maggots", his reasoning for it, and how the host really shuts him down. 
3 Down
1. Kanye West/Amber Rose - I hate how our cultu…