1. Thanksgiving Holiday - It's the Royal Rumble to Christmas' Wrestlemania. And I'm a big Royal Rumble guy. That was my wrestling analogy for the wrestling heads. Nonetheless, Thanksgiving is always a favorite of mine, and always a good time to start reflecting and giving thanks as the Holiday season approaches, and the year closes.
2. Viral Hug - In the midst of the mess that is Ferguson and it's aftermath, the story of a young crying boy and a police officer during demonstrations in Portland, Oregon is a feel-good story that needs to overshadow all of the negative still being pushed by media outlets.
3. MLS Playoffs - As the season winds down to the MLS Cup game next week, the playoffs thus far for the league has been amazing, especially the conference title two-game series.
1. Ferguson Decision - There are way too many things to get into, but what transpired from the Ferguson decision is scary and troublesome. From the legal system, the riots, the stereotypes, and the ignorance of some comments, it has all exposed our society.
2. Pointless Protesters - Unfortunately, there are many who are protesting peacefully, yet are being clumped in with those who are rioting, burning buildings, and causing a disturbance. Here in NYC, we've seen some protesters disrupt the Thanksgiving Day parade. Why? Because this issue is trendy? Protesting should help bring change or attention for change, not to just be part of a cause or what is currently popular.
3. Black Friday Shoppers - I hate shopping. No disrespect to those looking for a bargain as I can respect and appreciate that will. More power to you. But to those who leave their families on Thanksgiving to bum rush others for a few bucks off of a television they don't need - yes, you - you get the last "down" spot of the week.