1. Odell Beckham's Catch - Giants fans can gripe all they want, but as this Jets fan can attest to, your franchise drafts well, and Beckham has been one of those picks. His catch tonight against the Cowboys - unbelievable. One of the best I've ever seen in my lifetime.
2. MLS Playoffs - The MLS playoffs have been unbelievable. Despite my Red Bulls losing a tough one earlier today to the New England Revolution, both current series (NY vs. NE, and Seattle vs. Los Angeles) are marquee matchups with star power. Great for the league, and the games haven't disappointed.
3. Beach Visit in 100 Years - As someone who loves the ocean, the beach, and the summer, I often wonder how those in the middle of the country deal. After coming upon this story of a 100 year old woman who saw the beach for the very first time in my life, I felt happy for her, and had to put this in this week's "Up" for the week.
1. Bill Cosby - The nightmare is getting worse for Bill Cosby as now not only is his reputation smeared, but his professional career has taken a hit with NBC pulling the plug on his show which was in the works. And of course, more women are coming forward, and more people who claim to have helped cover up Cosby's doings. This seems to only be the beginning...
2. Police Shootings - As we all wait for a grand jury's decision in Ferguson, Missouri, we get more cases of another unarmed young black man behind killed in a starwell here in New York, and another of a 12 year old child being killed after brandishing a fake gun towards cops. It's getting tougher and tougher for the men and women - the good ones - who serve and protect us.
3. Stephen A. Smith - It's hard not to agree with Michael Carter-Williams who called out some writers in the media who take on "characters" in their reporting, calling out Stephen A. in his piece for the Player's Tribune. Smith, who retaliated with somewhat threat, pretty much proved Carter's point that some enjoy being critical of the players they cover, but can't take the same crticism when it is thrown their way.