Skip to main content

Dome Pondering Import - "Gatorade | Made in New York"

Well, here we are on Derek Jeter's last home stand. It's getting weirder and weirder seeing athlete's careers during the duration of my lifetime. Especially, a great like Jeter. As I stated in a post back in February, Jeter's retirement officially ends my childhood. Sigh. 

Anyway, after an awesome video during the All-Star break by the Jordan brand with a pretty kickass tagline of "RE2PECT", Gatorade followed suit with a pretty sweet commercial of their own today. Check it out! You know, if you haven't already. And if you have, it's Jeets, look at it again! 

Recently Read Posts

I Wore a Porzingis T-Shirt Today

The comments came all day long, and from everywhere.
"Nice shirt! Love me some Kristaps! If they trade him tonight, I tell you what, I'll help you chant 'Fire Phil'". 
"They better keep the Unicorn in New York."
"Hey, did they trade Porzingis? Please tell me they didn't trade KP!" 
These were some of the comments to come out of random conversations I had with complete and total strangers today as I rocked my Porzingis T-shirt jersey and some bright orange nike's. The move served as a therapeutic last ditch protesting effort to accentuating my (unfortunate) feelings for this basketball team representing this great and wonderful city. I'm with Porzingis. 
The first comment was made by the spry female usher guiding me to my seat at the Barclay's Center. The second was a thirteen year old boy who stood behind me on the Will Call line sparking a conversation of angst, frustration, and disappointment with the team we chose to suppor…

Dome Pondering Celebrates 1600

Wow. Sixteen Hundred. Life keeps happening, and of course, I keep rolling. It's been an interesting year and a half for myself, and of course, the reflections here on the DP represent that. With that said, before heading for 1700, here are my favorite posts from the last one-hundred:

Top Five Posts Over Last 100 Posts

1. Dome Pondering - Year in Review 2016 - 12/27/16

2. My Heart is Full - 5/12/17

3. Reaction to 2016 Presidential Election - 11/10/16

4. Turning Thirty-Two - 5/25/17

5. I Just Can't - Why I've Given Up on Football - 2/4/17

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 6/25/17

3 Up
1. 88 Kids Adopted - This story of a couple adopting 88 kids, all with special needs, over the past four decades is downright remarkable. Enough cannot be said about the big heart and commitment to humanity that this couple embodies. Can we get more news like this in the mainstream cycle? 
2. Big 3 League - I have to say, I absolutely love the idea Ice Cube has made into a reality. The idea of 3-on-3 basketball with former NBA players who can still ball is very intriguing. I missed out on attending the first event which was here in Brooklyn today, but plan to catch the airing of the broadcasts. Again, much respect to Ice Cube. I love innovation in sports. 
3. NBA Draft Experience - As you say in my latest post, I had the luxury of attending the NBA Draft this week and it was a fun experience. I still wouldn't pay to attend (which I doubt many in attendance did), but the production and the fandom was great. The NBA definitely knows how to put on a spectacle. 
3 Down
1. Cop Who …

Turning Thirty-Two

Today, I turn thirty-two. There is just something odd about this age - like twenty-three was, or twenty-eight was, you know, the mile markers in between the rest stops - that just doesn't carry the super significance as 21 and 30 did. Although, at this stage of life, there are many mile markers, and those celebratory rest stops are much, much fewer in between. 
Though, it wasn't too long ago I passed a big one - thirty! And if you remember, I loved becoming AND being thirty. To be honest, I enjoyed being thirty-one, and really, thirty-two already seems kick-ass. Call me crazy, my thirties have been VERY enjoyable. 
But as I turn thirty-two, there isn't much significance in the number, but truly, it's about the changes in myself. Thirty was just two years away, and I am already better than that version of myself. This year marked ten years since I've graduated from college (Things I Would tell My college Self), and I am a much better version of myself compared to t…